Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 53 of 77
James Hatts Friday 10 February 2012 11.14am
*test post*

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Boss St Bloke Friday 10 February 2012 9.48pm
Yay! - your post was delivered James!

I am guessing it went nowhere near Mandela Way?

Karen I Wednesday 15 February 2012 10.15pm
Mandela (no)Way have done it again; they didn't deliver any Valentine's cards yesterday and they still haven't arrived today!
Kory Wednesday 15 February 2012 10.23pm
Now that Karen I is crimminal
Themis Thursday 16 February 2012 10.25am
We have had no post since last Saturday. There were things posted to me last Thursday that have not shown up. Very annoying!
nelson_ Wednesday 29 February 2012 11.53am
Something for SE1? http://www.thelocal.fr/2707/20120229/

Off to Mandela Way today, as apparently someone sent me a Jiffy bag 12p short of the postage, so I will have to pay that plus 1 handling fee to collect my letter. There is an option to pay online on the card, but where there should be a reference number, it says BRN JIFFY and ON FLOOR! (in red).

Let's hope they'll find my brown Jiffy on the floor. Glad to see they are being so observant with the postage.
boroughonian Wednesday 29 February 2012 12.16pm
All of a sudden and right out of the blue my post now comes at 9am as opposed to 2/3pm which has been the case for a while.
nelson_ Friday 9 March 2012 5.56pm
Feels stupid even to post about it any longer, but got one of those lovely red cards again today, dated 11.11 yesterday when I definitely was in. You would assume those burly posties could manage a knock loud enough to hear in a one bedroom flat? Or even try using the intercom?

Of course the item was not found at Mandela Way, just like the two other customers' items that queued before me. The lady pointed out that the card says to wait 48 hrs for the item to return to the sorting office. Which prompted me to reply that it would be easier to buy that if I believed the item ever has left the sorting office. A few heated exchanges later she said that she does not know what they do out there when they are supposed be delivering and that they should be there in the office facing the angry customers like her. Apologised for taking it out on her, as she can only check what's there and left.

Oh well, will make an official complaint again, not that it will change anything. And will try to arrange redelivery online.. just when I thought it was getting better again.
Philpotts24 Friday 9 March 2012 6.13pm
I had a flurry of DVDs and CDs delivered in good time, recently - but received the famous red card about the final item: 'too large to fit through the letterbox'.

As it was no larger than the other packets, I am convinced that it never left Mandela Way.

Oh, the joy of visiting that fabulous office, where the temperature must have been 25C and the wait of about 15 minutes - with one window open and only one person in front of me - to [eventually] be greeted with: "Yeah, mai'".

He toddled off, I recall, at the speed of a sloth, scratching his backside and threw the packet onto the counter.

All so professional.
Kory Saturday 17 March 2012 1.35pm
Has anyone else's post come to a complete stop- thinks weds last was out last delivery in the block- just off Souhwark Bridge Rd- behind the Jerwood.
Current: 53 of 77

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions