Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 55 of 78
Kory Friday 30 March 2012 4.39pm
RM Headoffice refusing to acknowledge why we had nearly no deliveries for ten days-other than they are now making sure 'trained' people are sorting the post at Mandela Way-and re letters that have just arrived or not arrived- from the end of Feb and the first week March-the RM Head office explanation is- that BT, Southwark Council, My doctor's surgery, Thames water, East man Dental Hospital and my MUM- do not use the Royal Mail- they are only resposible for the last part of the process and cannot take resposibilty for the post or track it.Of course they all use the Royal Mail- though obvioulsy carrier pigeon would be better!
Tolstoy Friday 30 March 2012 5.42pm
There's your problem; untrained staff. Funny how that kind of thing makes a difference.
Boss St Bloke Friday 30 March 2012 6.40pm
Hmm, I would have thought you aren't staff until you are trained?

Kory Friday 30 March 2012 9.12pm
That's what I said- Boss St- Also they know of the ongoing problems here in SE1- why are they only having 'trained staff' now?
Philpotts24 Wednesday 11 April 2012 12.24pm
Regarding the non-delivery of Marie Curie Cancer Care collection kit, which prevented me from raising c200 for them, I finally received a cheque for 20 and a perfuntory apology from a 'senior member' of Moya Greene's team.

Better than a slap in the eye with a wet kipper, I suppose.....
Kory Wednesday 11 April 2012 1.09pm
well to be honest I think it is a bit 'tight'. But better than a verruca I supose.
Moya Green's office still not responded to my 'untrained/trained ' staff query and we we had no post for over a week-/???
CMpic Friday 13 April 2012 10.45am
Have been following this thread for a while but this is my first time posting. SE1 Royal mail failed to deliver at least 5-6 items of mail in February (a couple of items were important letters that I was waiting for) and they now seem permanently lost. I contacted Moya Green who referred me to Barry Duncan (seems to be a consultant in the CEOs office employed to deal with such issues). He apologized but said items are not trackable... so tough luck. He is also saying that the infamous Mandela Way office is running a good service now. I would be of course very happy if that was the case indeed and the problems were rectified, but the sceptic in me does not buy this.

If anyone is having issues with deliveries these days contact Royal Mail : Moya Greene (CEO) [moya.greene@royalmail.com], Barry Duncan [barry.duncan@royalmail.com]
Kory Friday 13 April 2012 1.17pm
We habe had a regular postie for about two weeks (previous to which there was a no post period) who has been great. A few minutes ago I witnessed someone new in a lollipop lady type jacket- throw a pile of post in an elastic band from the street onto the front steps of our block- with no attempt to post it in our large communal very visable letterbox! Here we go again......
Karen I Monday 23 April 2012 4.20pm
I have just been to Mandela (no)Way to collect a parcel some 40hrs after it was delivered and it still hadn't been returned to Man Way. When I asked why it takes so long, the guy behind the counter said it was because it has to be posted from Vauxhall. You just couldn't make it up .....
emmab Tuesday 1 May 2012 9.06pm
Is there anything that can be done about this appalling situation with recorded delivery/signed for where they don't even bother to bring the parcel or letter and have the card already written up. I was expecting something important today and waited in all day, literally within reach of my entryphone, and eventually when I dared to venture out, I found a card in my letterbox. There was absolutely no attempt to deliver the item and no time written on the card, funny that.

It feels like a deliberate scam carried out by Royal Mail, not lazy postal staff: limit the postman to carrying only letters, no small packets or parcels - just take the cards for those, postman carries more items, thus increasing their productivity. Customer has to pick up or arrange redelivery thereby creating a situation for Royal Mail where they are only carrying parcels when they can guarantee someone will be there to sign them, saving time (money) on wasted delivery attempts. Winner for Royal Mail.

Am I being unnecessarily cynical or has everyone worked this out ages ago anyway and just accepted it? Can anything be done? *Victor Meldrew face*
Current: 55 of 78

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions