Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 96 of 101
Tuesday 17 February 2015 7.06am
Some news from Royal Mail and Rowland Hill House. A letter was received on Monday, where they seem to reveal more about why they still won't deliver. Easiest just to post the letter:

Tuesday 17 February 2015 7.07am
page 2:

Tuesday 17 February 2015 3.01pm
Thanks Nelson_! That must be the most comprehensive letter we have ever had from anyone throughout this whole sorry saga. The police and Royal Mail security will probably conclude the tyre slashing as unsolved as nobody saw anyone or anything and IF it did happen to be the person who threatened and subsequently attacked the postman, then RHH residents must be on their guard in case they upset this person who seems to carry a knife or really sharp object around with them. How easy is it to slash a tyre? You can hardly do it with a biro!
Tuesday 17 February 2015 4.04pm
Yes, the slashing of tyres makes it all the more serious if is connected. As apparently, according to Southwark, us RHH residents have "no reason to be more worried about being attacked here than anywhere else in Central London".
Wednesday 18 February 2015 10.41am
Ha! So either way, whether it is the person who assaulted the postman, or not, we have a Tyre Slashing Psycho in our midst! Great! Will this affect property prices in the Nelson square vicinity do you think?
Wednesday 18 February 2015 12.28pm
All the more reason fro the landlord to enforce their asb policy and remove the person causing the asb. You have a case against your landlord

I would also say you have a human rights case-as you have under the covenant of quiet enjoyment the right to live in peace and comfort in your home. Without this on going and protracted amount of stress.

I am very sorry you are still Gong through this.
Wednesday 18 February 2015 12.49pm
Kory, re human rights and peaceful enjoyment, there are reasons why these cannot be invoked which cannot be written about in a public forum like this sadly. Someone has combed through Brumby v Octavia Housing, a very interesting case, wish it did apply here but not practicable for evidential reasons
Friday 20 February 2015 5.56pm
I understand what you mean - but surely the moving of the asb person -must have the answer in the law. If there is not enough evidence to prosecute - then surely the RM don't have enough evidence either- to stop the delivery? Have you been to victim support - they are good at pointing you in the right direction. Or Shelter has a good advice line.

I am very sorry for you all- still in this situation
Monday 23 February 2015 1.51pm
Just to post something positive on this thread for a change...

I was pleased to see that the collection window at Mandela Way has joined the 20th century and been computerised. Parcels to collect are recorded, allocated a reference number, and labelled.

Things seemed to be considerably quicker, and I note the card now says "next working day" rather than "at least 48 hours".
Friday 13 March 2015 12.28am
So, the RHH issue made it to BBC London news tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0546g4q/bbc-london-news-12032015

Shameful how cllr Livingstone actually uses "her" while talking about the resident, when there has been nothing before to identify the resident in question. Why not tell her door number as well to get the vigilantes going - there has already been notes left in the lifts by angry neighbours.
Current: 96 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network