Hate to Post it-but THE POST

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 98 of 101
Thursday 11 June 2015 8.15pm
Why does this keep happening? I live in a small cul-de-sac in SE1. I won't name it, no reason to. I live in a block of 4 flats No's 1 - 4,
House number is 14.
There is another block of 13 flats at the other end of the street of which the street number is 47 with 13 flats numbered 1 - 13.
We sometimes get mail for their addresses and vice versa.
I have just gone to No 47 to ask if they have any mail for me as I'm waiting for two packages which are a week overdue. Nothing! BUT, I find TWELVE letters wich were for my neighbour at No 10 which have been lying in their communal hallway for over a week! And ONE for my neighbour at No 14. Are our postmen completely illererate as well as innumerate? How can you not tell the difference between 14 and 47?
On previous occasions I've tried calling the sorting office at Mandela Way but the phone is NEVER answered. I once let it ring for 35 minutes but no answer!
Somethng need to be done as there appears that NO ONE that can be called to account for these mistakes?
Friday 12 June 2015 10.27am
Sympathy for you - had similar and worst for 10 yrs. The icing on the cake is the royal mail head office know full well the state of Mandela Way and the service but do not care - you can email head office - terri.wilders@royalmail.com but they will deny there are any issues and at best send a man round to take a picture of your flat - probably to stick the photo on the sorting office wall with a note to say - don't deliver here - I sound sarcastic but this is based on ceaseless experience as the length of this thread is a barometer.
Saturday 13 June 2015 1.43pm
Received last week what appears to be a Christmas card (card thickness, Christmas stamp and DECEMBER postmark) in the name of Mr & Mrs X at my block of flats. No flat number. Now I know there is no flat number on it so, up to a point, forgivable that it has gone through the wrong door number (but why mine in particular?!) However, I know from the surname which flat the family reside at (had their post before through the door even with their correct number on it...) A permanent postman would know too. And why six months late anyway?!
Tuesday 16 June 2015 2.18pm
whatever you do, don't upset mandela way, they 'lose' your fortnightly private eye as revenge ...
Tuesday 16 June 2015 2.34pm
Fortnightly KellandJ??? - mines arriving bi -monthly - right I am straight on that phone.....
Friday 3 July 2015 9.33am
The post - I despair - waited in for re delivery all day yesterday - nothing ( usual story of I was in when they delivered last Tues - just put a red card through - without ringing bell) Lovely lady - in RM call centre - looked it up - 'looks like they just could not be bothered - still at depot'. Least she is honest
Monday 3 August 2015 8.31pm
Has Mandela Way closed? I had a parcel delivered today and it is now at my 'local office' on Brockley Road SE4.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 6.09pm
Post box collection times are moving to 9am.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 6.37pm
Karen I wrote:
Has Mandela Way closed? I had a parcel delivered today and it is now at my 'local office' on Brockley Road SE4.

I think Brockley Road is Parcel Force, not Royal Mail, Karen.

I missed the post today and got one of Mandela Way's delivery cards - but at least it now says it will be ready to collect 'the next working day' rather than the old 48 hours wait.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 12.15am
It's a Royal Mail card Jon and looks like the usual Mandela Way ones. Maybe a stand-in postie with cards from his own round. Anyway, did a re-delivery on-line so should come tomorrow and I will ask about the card.
Current: 98 of 101

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network