London bridge station cashpoints.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 December 2010 12.02pm
My partner recently had a bad experience using the Nationwide cashpoint at London Bridge station underground concourse. He tried to take out 50 but the machine did not give out any money but still debited his NatWest account 50. He went to his NatWest branch to report it. NatWest contacted Nationwide but they claimed there was no problem with that machine and refused to refund his money. Has anyone else had similar problems with these machines?
Friday 10 December 2010 1.21pm
Not sure which banks machines were involved but I've been told by station staff that there's often problems with the one that's on it's own opposite the row of three. She said people have been left without their cards and got quite upset.

There are also a row of three at the bottom of the escalators in the vaults. The one on the left took my friends card but not properly. A woman at the next machine produced tweezers and the card was removed. Other people have told me that machine is trouble.

While we're on the subject though, do always hide your pin from potential hidden cameras installed above the keypad. My card was cloned earlier this year.
Friday 10 December 2010 1.49pm
Im surprised to hear that story.

On a number of occasions down the years cashpoints havent dispensed cash to me. The banks, including Nationwide, have always dealt with it promptly using the reconciliations the machines automatically do of cash held / given.

I'd advise him to call Natwest again.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: