Donating goods to refuges etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 10 December 2010 7.52pm
Hi, does anyone know how I might go about donating new goods to local refuges etc? Years ago I thought Refuge, for example, had a scheme where you could give things like new underwear or unopened toiletries and accessories which cheered up women under stress and made them feel "normal", rather than just be practical, useful though that is. Or homeless shelters which would like packs of new socks, useful bags, rainwear etc. Does anyone know of anything like that in South London? I do give to charity shops and freecycle if I have something I can no longer use but its not quite the same as deliberately giving good stuff straight to local shelters etc which they can deal with immediately. Also wasn't there a scheme somewhere which collected good things for people to wear to interviews etc?

Cheers
Friday 10 December 2010 10.19pm
Druid cycles (http://druidcycles.co.uk) on Druid St SE1 accepts clothes and any other items for refugees and other good causes.
Friday 10 December 2010 10.43pm
Thats a lovely idea , unopened toiletries such as talcs, shaving creams etc., were gratefully accepted in wards for the elderly with long stay patients, I'd phone PALS at St.Thomas's as when my husband was a patient there were notices on the wards requesting similar, or any old peoples homes where too frequently the residents have no one to buy them presents.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: