In praise of the Borough Market vouchers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 11 December 2010 8.25pm
I'd just like to say how much I've been enjoying trying new producers at Borough, thanks to the voucher at the top of the page. Since the offer started, I've had a chance to try delicious salt marsh lamb from Rhug Estate, melt in the mouth steak from Hophurst farm, cheese from Mons affineur, and the vouchers have made it affordable to try producers I'd never shopped with before.

I'm really looking forward to trying more, and if anyone reading the forum hasn't taken advantage of the offer yet, do so, while you still can! Big thanks to James for organising the promotion, even if it does mean I can't go back to supermarket meat!
Sunday 12 December 2010 10.48am
Praise indeed, babybat. Any connection to borough market?
Sunday 12 December 2010 11.03am
Well whether she has a connection or not (she has been a helpful member of the forum for a while) I agree with her, the offer is very generous. When I get a chunk of amazing cheese for 70p instead of 5.70 I'm happy.
The promotion has worked on me and a couple of friends in that we'll be going back without the offer. The cool chilli co is fantastic.
Sunday 12 December 2010 11.07am
Absolutely agree. I've tried new produce I hadn't ventured on before, used stalls that were new to me and, as of last Thursday, have a wonderful bottle of olive oil which may turn me against any other kind for life.
Sunday 12 December 2010 12.43pm
I agreee with the original post, I've been using these on Friday's and have tried things I might not have otherwise. This week I had 3 cured smoked sausages and before that I have got some truffle oil. Next week I think it will be some chutneys. Great offer and thanks to this site for posting the offer.

On a seperate note, I really wonder about some people being so suspicious all the time about people posting on here. I don't think Borough mkt needs any extra publicity!
Sunday 12 December 2010 3.48pm
Hi Stewie - no connection at all, just a satisfied customer. While the market might not need any help with their PR, I just wanted to give a bit of positive feedback for the traders as most of them are small businesses who are probably finding the recession quite tough!
Sunday 12 December 2010 7.13pm
Hello Babybat,
Sorry if I asked the question, but the cynic in me comes to the fore when I read such effusive posts. Indeed, the traders at borough need all the help they can get. The recession coupled with a poor market management team has not made for a good year at borough.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: