French language lessons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 13 December 2010 12.02pm
I'm looking for one-on-one French language lessons, once or twice per week.
My level is fairly high, conversational-wise, so I'm looking to improve grammar, tenses etc, and to identify my weaknesses...
Anyone know of any French locals who offer teaching?
I'm based in Borough
Monday 13 December 2010 7.55pm
I have been teaching French for 17 years. I live locally, just off Bermondsey street.
Send me a message if you are interested. Avec un tel prénom, je suis bien sûr Français.
A +
HAQ
Tuesday 14 December 2010 11.09pm
I have a really good french teacher she lives in Camberwell but teaches me in Borough and others at RFH. Let me know if you are interested and I can ask her if she will be free.
Wednesday 15 December 2010 10.05pm
Hi HAQ

yes, please mention me to her.

thanks
Matt

HAQ wrote:
I have a really good french teacher she lives in Camberwell but teaches me in Borough and others at RFH. Let me know if you are interested and I can ask her if she will be free.
HAQ
Thursday 16 December 2010 5.14pm
Hi Matt,

I mentioned it to her and am waiting for her to let me know if I can give you her contact details.

Hopefully she will, soon.
Thursday 16 December 2010 6.23pm
Straying slightly off subject here, my cousin from Le Mans is visiting and wanted to meet a friend in the West-End for lunch.
We flagged a black cab in Camden and she said in flawless English, but with an unmistakable slight French accent, "22 Berners Street please."
As we turned into the street the driver looked over his shoulder and said, "Vous avez dites vingt deux, non?"
We were both impressed with that, me with the fact that it was the second time I had been in a black cab and had the driver speak French to me or my companion.
Perhaps the drivers had been to Camberwell too.
Friday 17 December 2010 11.20am
Nah, Debrajoan, they may well be fluent in French, but they'd never go south of the river ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 17 December 2010 12.02pm
Debrajoan - I'm still trying to work out your reply!
Friday 17 December 2010 6.29pm
Matt_Parsons wrote:

Not quite sure that I get yours Matt.
Unless of course, not unreasonably, you mean I was not strictly following the theme of the thread, if so, I apologise.
As far as I understood it, the driver said, (grammatically or otherwise), "You said 22, no?"
My cousin replied in English, "Yes."
Friday 17 December 2010 7.42pm
Matt_Parsons wrote:
There's an old saying that taxi drivers never go south of the river
Sorry, ignore that I was looking at something else, I read this in a RSS reader so the threads don't follow properly.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: