Girders for Potters Fields Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 15
Wednesday 15 December 2010 3.53pm
Gosh. And I go through there from time to time. Must keep eyes open.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 15 December 2010 4.28pm
The website giving formal details of the 9/11 London Project Foundation is:

http://www.charitiesdirect.com/charities/911-london-project-foundation-1136568.html

mickmac
Wednesday 15 December 2010 4.48pm
Thanks for the link Michael....I don't see it any way appears to honour those who "GAVE" their lives in the attack only those who LOST their lives...a very different thing althogether. Whether we have a memeorial or not or wheteher it is suiatble or not for this location I think you have got the wrong end of the stick with the application if you read it thoroughly.
Wednesday 15 December 2010 7.07pm
Michael Place wrote:
Have you heard the fairytale about the shepherdess who lost her sheep and then found them again in the rice pudding?

I have no idea what any of the above means. Somebody care to explain.
Wednesday 15 December 2010 10.45pm
The girders will apparently be grouped as a sculpture by an artist called Miya Ando.

More details here: Design and access statement
Friday 17 December 2010 5.43pm
It is interesting to read on the Southwark Council website that the Planning Committee date for this application is 21/12/2010 even though the consultation period does not end until 22/12/2010, and the case officer says he will be out of the office until 29/12/2010.
Saturday 18 December 2010 11.40am
this certainly seems to be being rushed.
the nimbys from shad thames are organised, but they got advices. pity the residents of devon mansions blocks 1-3 who ARE affected and most of whom will have girder views, mysteriously exempted from the formal consultation.
unless i am mistaken, this development has not appeared in the notices in southwark news as usual - unless i missed it.
by the way, i would support this application, any land wrenched back from the leaseholders. potters fields (sic) trust is a good idea, and this would replace the bizarre temporary slavery statue currently in place.
Saturday 18 December 2010 11.52am
James Hatts wrote:
The present proposal for a 9/11 memorial is not supported by the Potters Fields Park Management Trust, who as landlords would have to give their permission for its installation.

James, Potters Fields (sic) Management Trust have a 30 year lease from the landlord, Southwark Council.
The 'Trust' has as it's directors the following :

Current Appointments

SECRETARY: D.W. COMPANY SERVICES LIMITED
Appointed: 11/11/2005
Address: EDINBURGH

DIRECTOR: ALI, ABDULKARIM
Address: SE1 2NE

DIRECTOR: BROCCARDO, NADIA HELENE
Address: SW11 1DW

DIRECTOR: FRISCH, JILLIAN BETTY
Address: SE1 2NG

DIRECTOR: GRINTER, SIMON
Address: SE1 2AA

DIRECTOR: STANTON, NICHOLAS PHILIP MR
Address: SE16 3RS

DIRECTOR: WATERS, DESMOND JOHN MR
Address: SE13 5BN

DIRECTOR: ZEKRIA, JILL
Address: SE1 2NE

Despite the local looking postcodes, most are employees of the Trust, GLA or More London and only one lives locally along with Councillor Stanton.

The 'Trust' has no real local resident representation despite it's pretentions.

The information above is freely available on Companies House Site in full (fee 1).
Saturday 18 December 2010 11.26pm
Terrible idea
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: