Halls for hire/Community centres in E&C/Walworth road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 December 2010 8.32am
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for community centers/halls for hire in the E&C/Walworth road areas, can anyone recommend any?

It's for a community based art project I'm working on, I will be running a portrait studio offering free portraits to the community.

I am also looking for a more fixed space long term, in a disused shop or something, but need to get started ASAP.

Thanks

Emile Kelly (Student at LCC in Elephant & Castle)
Wednesday 22 December 2010 2.26pm
Thanks guys! Very helpful.

Cathy that list is fantastic but most of the venues are just that bit far west for my purposes. Need some in the SE17 area.

E
Wednesday 22 December 2010 3.01pm
You could try the local churches they sometimes have halls/rooms to hire.
Sunday 26 December 2010 9.30pm
Draper Tenants Hall, Newington Tenants Hall, Pullens Tenants Hall should all fit the bill: http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/4082/tenant_and_resident_association_halls
Monday 27 December 2010 3.12am
It's for a community based art project I'm working on, I will be running a portrait studio offering free portraits to the community.

I am also looking for a more fixed space long term, in a disused shop or something, but need to get started ASAP.

Inspire Community Space

Let us know where you end up, I would like a portraight.
Sunday 2 January 2011 10.37pm
The Round House...great dover street, right in the heart of the community, nice little hall, not too big.. if you ring neighbourhood office they can give you right number to ring, part of the tenants association. 0207 525 1600 very near the elephant if your quick!
Wednesday 5 January 2011 3.48pm
Thanks for your help everyone, have now got a great list of halls. Will let you know when the first shoot will be.

Emile

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: