Tesco Christmas Supplies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 20 December 2010 3.33pm
Hi there. I have tried to organise a shop for Christmas from Tesco and have found that they seem to have run out of a lot of Christmassy items i.e. Mince Pies, Yule Log... Does anyone know if they have stock in in any of the supermarkets in SE1?
Monday 20 December 2010 4.01pm
Waitrose on the North side of Tower Bridge had plenty of Christmas grub in when I was in there yesterday.
Monday 20 December 2010 4.42pm
I may have to try over there. Or maybe OKR Asda. I was also told by a delivery driver that Tesco weren't delivering to SE1 and their delivery slots had been blanked out. Not very good all round!
Tuesday 21 December 2010 12.22am
I went to Sainsbury's at Holborn today and they had mince pies at 2 for 2 and loads of cake and yule logs etc.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 1.47am
I managed to get a Tesco home delivery in the middle of Saturday's snow (and unlike normal they actually came on time) but they did remove the mince pies and clotted cream from my order as they were 'no longer available'.
I managed to get some Mr Kipling one's from the Tesco Metro by Monument instead.
Still can't believe they have run out of mince pies at Christmas, but my flatmate said he read somewhere that due to the cold everywhere has sold massive amounts more than normal this year.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 10.33am
Tesco OKR had mountains of packets of mince pies yesterday morning!
Tuesday 21 December 2010 11.31am
Tesco at Surrey Quays (Canada Water tube, 2 stops from London Bridge) had loads of xmas stuff on Sunday.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 12.32pm
Just been to M&S and they are quickly running out of meat. They told me people are panic buying.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 4.57pm
Not a good sign! I'll avoid that one.

It does feel like Christmas started in November for a lot of people!

Obviously the shortages are at depots. I ended up going to Lidl which did 12 very good mince pies for 1.49. Which was pleasing.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 5.17pm
Looks like I'll be in big trouble - are shops still selling turkeys or is that wishful thinking?? I'm sure the other year Sainsbury's had loads on still on sale on Boxing Day.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: