Abacus Gas (Negative) Feedback

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 December 2010 4.50pm
I recently had my boiler serviced by Abacus Gas (I chose this particular company based on the feedback that I read on the forum)

On the positive side Eddie (from Abacus Gas) turned up as booked which was a good start. Unfortunately that is the only positive thing I have to say about this company.

After the service I noticed that there was a repeating noise (almost like a slow machine gun) coming from the boiler when it fired up. There was also a leak from the filling loop.

I called Abacus Gas (and to be honest their after sales service was awful) and explained about the two faults. First of all I was told that only a boiler service was carried out (this I understand) and that the gas engineer had not touched anything. When I brought up the leakage from the filling loop I got the stock reply that the engineer had not touched that either. This I found strange as before the engineer came the pressure gauge was at 1, and when he left it was at two. Excuse my ignorance but I thought that to increase the pressure via the filler loop this would need human intervention!

Again on speaking to Abacus Gas I was given the impression that it had nothing to do with them. I did have an appointment for the engineer to return on the 13th January, and would have thought in the interest of good customer relations that the engineer would have brought the visit forward.

Not so. I was told that all their appointments were taken and that I could either wait, or find someone else. I have chosen to find someone else.

After my experience I will not be using Abacus gas again.

Alex.

P.S. in my origianl contact with the company I had mentioned a tapping noise coming from a radiator. For some reason the woman I spoke to was adamant that I had mentioned the repeating noise from the boiler in my origianl call. Not so. As I said this noise only developed agter the visit from Abacus Gas's engineer.
Thursday 21 March 2013 1.53pm
I cannot understand the negative comments about this company at all. I have used abacus gas in the past and I have to be honest find them to be the most honest and professional company in existence. I found that whatever the problem eddie the fitter knew exactly what he was doing and got right to the problem.I have never known known anyone with as much knowledge as this company has in the gas sector and always found their after sales team very helpful and polite. Maybe you have other issues of a personal nature? Sorry but I cannot believe your comments.....This company are so well known for their professionalism.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: