Seeking a good optician

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 January 2011 10.40am
I am looking for a reliable optician who can get the eye tests right. And to know of those who cannot.
Any suggestions?

Monday 3 January 2011 11.08am
The Institute of Optometry on Newington Causeway. Suggested as a place that should get it right, that is.
Tuesday 4 January 2011 9.30am
Yes support 100% the recommendation of IoO as the place to go in SE1
As a Glaucoma family, we had same problem finding a good optician when we moved here 2 years ago - But this place inspires confidence, lots of sophisticated kit and operatives who actually seem to know what they are doing - and spend the time, even on us 'free test' oldies.

Particularly recommend for accurate colour recognition tests, if these required for your profession.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 8.57am
IoO are fabulous - I went to a high street shop for years when I first moved to London & when I went to the IoO (as recomended by this site) I came out saying it was the best money I had spent in years. They do a really thorough job
Sunday 9 January 2011 10.03am
Many thanks for all your advice - Pauline is off to IoO in February (first available booking!)
Sunday 9 January 2011 12.49pm
Plus when my husband had diabetic problems which resulted in him seeing double ( cant think of correct term...retinopathy?) I had an appointment for routine eye test, saw lovely gentleman who told me to bring don in the following day after I explained about Dons many problems. They prescribed a special clear plastic corrugated patch which we had to stick on his glasses within a week! No charge! The Consultants from various Hospitals attend and give their wonderful skills..

oh and I forgot even though hospital was aware of the problem and said they would contact him, never heard a word...thank God for the Institute! I cant praise them enough....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: