Joe's Kitchen, Marshalsea Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 January 2011 6.50pm
Hello..

I've been popping along to Joe's Kitchen on Marshalsea Road for quite some time now, but lately, I seem to have been greeted by the staff who have seemingly been at the grumpy-pie...

Was just wandering if anyone else has noticed it? I put it down to possible hangover's over Christmas, but today, I was spoken to pretty rudely by one of the waitresses, and ended up walking out ... not to return again, I'm thinking..

Glen
Tuesday 4 January 2011 7.44pm
nope its nothing new...there seems to have been an attitude developing there for a while...see recent reviews on this website
Tuesday 4 January 2011 9.13pm
The last time we went there was a blonde lady who didn't greet us, didn't make any eye contact or smile throughout our visit, etc. It takes a lot for me to not tip but it annoyed me enough that I made a point of ensuring she noticed we didn't tip.

It's a shame because, if they nailed the service, we would be there every couple of weeks rather than once a month or two.

Although it's cheaper than other places e.g. Garrison, Brindisa, Swan @ Globe, I would rather pay the money and have the good experience.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 10.20am
Hey Saus,

It was also a blonde lady that I had the issue with yesterday... had the same issue with the greeting, or lack of.

I actually took someone with me, and I had told him how great the place was to eat at. I hadn't noticed on the menu, that it read's breakfast served until 10:30am.. he pointed this out to me, and when I asked her about it, she turned around and said 'breakfast is all we serve, all day long. Why do you think I gave it to you. Its the only menu we have, and we give it out all day long'...

I mentioned about the time cut off on the menu, and she just replied saying that the menu was wrong. It was her, bordering aggressive, reaction that completely surprised me.

Glen
Wednesday 5 January 2011 11.57am
i have encountreed the same blonde one...rude beyond belief
Wednesday 5 January 2011 3.09pm
The boys there are always really friendly...never had any problems with service...occasionally a bit slow but only on a busy late Sunday morning. No connection just a satisfied customer.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 9.18pm
I said to my other half that I wondered if she thought she recognised me as someone that had previously upset her or one of her friends, she was that frosty.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network