Joe's Kitchen, Marshalsea Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 January 2011 6.50pm

I've been popping along to Joe's Kitchen on Marshalsea Road for quite some time now, but lately, I seem to have been greeted by the staff who have seemingly been at the grumpy-pie...

Was just wandering if anyone else has noticed it? I put it down to possible hangover's over Christmas, but today, I was spoken to pretty rudely by one of the waitresses, and ended up walking out ... not to return again, I'm thinking..

Tuesday 4 January 2011 7.44pm
nope its nothing new...there seems to have been an attitude developing there for a while...see recent reviews on this website
Tuesday 4 January 2011 9.13pm
The last time we went there was a blonde lady who didn't greet us, didn't make any eye contact or smile throughout our visit, etc. It takes a lot for me to not tip but it annoyed me enough that I made a point of ensuring she noticed we didn't tip.

It's a shame because, if they nailed the service, we would be there every couple of weeks rather than once a month or two.

Although it's cheaper than other places e.g. Garrison, Brindisa, Swan @ Globe, I would rather pay the money and have the good experience.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 10.20am
Hey Saus,

It was also a blonde lady that I had the issue with yesterday... had the same issue with the greeting, or lack of.

I actually took someone with me, and I had told him how great the place was to eat at. I hadn't noticed on the menu, that it read's breakfast served until 10:30am.. he pointed this out to me, and when I asked her about it, she turned around and said 'breakfast is all we serve, all day long. Why do you think I gave it to you. Its the only menu we have, and we give it out all day long'...

I mentioned about the time cut off on the menu, and she just replied saying that the menu was wrong. It was her, bordering aggressive, reaction that completely surprised me.

Wednesday 5 January 2011 11.57am
i have encountreed the same blonde one...rude beyond belief
Wednesday 5 January 2011 3.09pm
The boys there are always really friendly...never had any problems with service...occasionally a bit slow but only on a busy late Sunday morning. No connection just a satisfied customer.
Wednesday 5 January 2011 9.18pm
I said to my other half that I wondered if she thought she recognised me as someone that had previously upset her or one of her friends, she was that frosty.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network