Pizza Lupo/Cucina

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 6 January 2011 4.16pm
Rugby League season will be starting soon, which means my thoughts turn to Friday night pizza.

I was unhealthily keen on the old Pizze Cucina delivery service.

They've now been subsumed into Pizza Lupa.

I've tried Lupa a few times, but imho they're just not as good as the old Cucina (in terms of dough, pizza recipes, speed of delivery, and (in)ability of drivers to find our flat).

Is anyone else out there grieving over the loss of Cucina?

Has anyone found a decent alternative that can deliver decent thin-crust "proper" pizzas to the Borough/Bricklayers Arms area?

Please help a desperate person...

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 6 January 2011 4.24pm
Yes, now I'm depressed...I didnt know. Their pork borghese pizza was perfection.
Thursday 6 January 2011 5.33pm
we've had Pizza Cucina in their new incarnation and found the pizzas to be brilliant and the service really good. I also like the points you earn to get discounts off future orders. I think I only had Cucina a couple of times before so maybe their pizzas were better, but all in all, still the best pizza delivery around SE1.
Thursday 6 January 2011 8.18pm
Lupo just as good as Cucina. Delicious pizza and amazing antipasta.
Thursday 6 January 2011 10.26pm
Pizza Lupa updated their menu a few months ago. I do miss some of the old pizzas but the new Funghi di Bosco is magnificent. Although sometimes it does take time for them to deliver they recently won an industry award as best independent pizza delivery chain, which I think is well deserved.
Friday 7 January 2011 11.07am
Must just be me and Mrs I then.

I find Lupo a step down from Cucina, to the extent that I've almost completely stopped ordering from them (which basically means no delivery pizza - unless anyone can tell me of someone else who does proper pizzas.)

Friday 7 January 2011 1.22pm
I too feel some of the magic has been lost. No more cherry tomatoes for starters! Feels like some of the ingredients have been changed to save a few extra pence. Pizzas are still good but there's been a lot more average ones that great ones recently, which you never got with Cucina. I was actually really really passionate about Cucina. I'm not really with Lupa. Plus they've introduced a totally awful holding music on the phone that has all the crap about 'we're obsessed with customer satisfaction' which is always a sign that things are heading in the wrong direction to me. And the new logo is not as good! But still the best on offer in SE1 I reckon..
Friday 7 January 2011 4.18pm
Yep. And there's no soft egg on the Fiorentina, and the (raw, leaf) spinach is a pale comparison to Cucina's (cooked, chopped).

CJG
Friday 7 January 2011 10.57pm
I'm with you Ivanhoe.

Bit of a depressing step down on the few occassions I've tried them since the changeover. Stingy topping portions, pizzas seemed smaller and normally over-cooked.

I do feel a debt of loyalty, though, after getting texted a one-night-only offer which I promptly took advantage of. The pizzas ended up taking over an hour, but the manager was very pleasant about it and refunded the price of one of them.

I'll probably give them another chance soon, but am definitely mourning Cucina - head and shoulders above anything else I'd found.
Monday 10 January 2011 10.59am
In the lottery that is delivery pizza, I am a big fan of these guys. I personally haven't noticed any changes from them other than the name.

Incidentally I've long been searching for good Thai delivery and had some from Sphinx last night ... despite the unholy combination of "Thai and Egyptian" cuisine they offer I was very pleasantly surprised byt their pad thai, green chicken curry etc. Thumbs up.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: