6 DAYS LEFT for chandelier shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 9 January 2011 4.34pm
Hello all

IT's the GRAND FINALE! After 35 years of selling original, quality crystal chandeliers, we are closing our doors in Tower Bridge Road.

If you are after inspiring lighting for half price and less, head to 77 Tower Bridge Road (by Greggs, opposite Ladbrokes) where you will find wonderful, friendly service as usual!

There will never be a better time to by, from now on there will only be john Lewis (who buy everything from China) and the sheds!

You have 6 days left to buy a light that will last a lifetime!

Best wishes
from the Shop Girls (Jill, Emily & Piera)

Tel: 0207 357 7244

www.emilybenet.blogspot.com
Sunday 9 January 2011 11.12pm
OK - I'll come and buy a pygmy bulb or three :p xx
Monday 10 January 2011 2.05am
I have seen a 'closing down sale' sign come and go for many years... is this truly the last time?

I have a lovely crystal chandelier from you, purchased in 2008 and still blinging.

I may pop in and see what's on offer... if the price is right... I may get one for the hallway!
Monday 10 January 2011 10.03am
When my grand-daughter was small before they moved, the very kind lady in there would sell the odd crystal drop as my g'daughter was fascinated by the light passing through and even though she is now a sophisticated almost 17 still twists them around!

I may drag myself down as I now have new grand-daughter! it will seem so strange to see the shop finally close..:-(
Monday 10 January 2011 12.04pm
Yes, we have had a closing sale for 2 years. After 35 years there was a lot of accumulated stock!

But this is it, really and truly. And as for the kind lady, she will be upstairs doing wholesale lighting! We will have to give your new grand daughter a crystal to carry on the tradition.

Thanks for all the support over the past years!

Emily
Monday 10 January 2011 4.45pm
Me too Jan! My nan used to buy them and put them in my shoes and tell me the diamond fairy had been to visit!

Hey Emily - are you closing for reasons other than rent rises, the current economic climate etc? Why are you finally closing?
Tuesday 11 January 2011 9.14pm
There are many reasons why we are closing. You should just read my book Shop Girl Diaries to find out the whole story! http://www.emilybenet.blogspot.com

Self promotion apart, the truth is it's hard work being a small independent business. Unless you are bursting with passion for the business and even when you are, it is hard to keep things going. The obvious things like having no parking space, being surrounded by red lines, lack of advertising and funding don't help. Ultimately our passions lie elsewhere and we hope this scary change will push us into fulfilling our goals.

Cast of Crystal Plus include: Piera Lizzeri (theatre designer), Emily Benet (writer) Jill Benet (founder of 'silence in the city') and Antonio Benet (philosohper)

Hope that answers your question! :)
Tuesday 11 January 2011 11.11pm
Careful ShopGirl - John Lewis do not buy everything from China! Many of the lighting products are made in the UK, Sweden and Austria.
Thursday 13 January 2011 9.19am
Yes of course...apologies.Must be insider traders gossip then. We used to supply to them, and I what we once supplied have been replaced with Chinese models, but sure they come from all over.
Thursday 13 January 2011 10.04am
Though it is worth remembering that many companies that sell themselves on being british manufacturers still get almost everything made in China. Our new years fireworks for example!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: