Motorcycle Direct Access Training

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 January 2011 9.02am
Can anyone recommended any motorcycle trainers who teach direct access courses in SE1?

I've found a few old threads on here but nothing from within the last 2 years. Has Metropolis improved in recent years?

Wednesday 12 January 2011 9.27am
I did mine in Edgware, not quite se1 but after shopping around it was the nearest and cheapest
Wednesday 12 January 2011 9.44am
bankside wrote:
I did mine in Edgware, not quite se1 but after shopping around it was the nearest and cheapest

Thanks - Do you have a name or web address for them?
Wednesday 12 January 2011 11.14am
There also used to be a place in Wimbledon, using the car park of the dog track. Think it was called Elite (but not sure as it was a while back for me - and before these new-fangled tests that they have nowadays where you have to try and kill yourself pulling stunt stoppies).

There's a decent forum called which will have loads of threads similar to this, and which might give you all the help you need.

Good luck

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 January 2011 11.10am
I can thoroughly recommend but they are not based in SE1 (don't think any are). They are a husband and wife team, very professional and organised. They trained me and I passed DAS last November. They are based near Highbury Corner but, as part of the training, will have you ride to Enfield to practise on roads around the Enfield Test Centre that they use. I live in SE1 and this wasn't a problem. The other nearest Test Centre to SE1 is I think in Erith. So regardless of which training company you choose I would imagine they will have you doing most of your training on roads near the Test Centre they use so you get familiarised.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: