Council Tax

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
hat
Tuesday 20 April 2004 6.12pm
Hot topic I know - but having just received a bill that seems enormous, I'm trying to appeal against it and be moved down a band or two. Has anyone else had any luck in finding details of 1991 house prices, and if so, where? I've looked on the Land Registry site and they go back to 95, but no further. Also, what band are SE1ers who live in 1 bed flats, in - if it's not too rude to ask...

thanks

Hat
Tuesday 20 April 2004 6.32pm
Just paid mine for today - although it went up only 8 a month it is still a ridiculous amount. Mine is for 2 bed flat and is Band G.

What do I actually get for it??? I wonder.........
Wednesday 21 April 2004 9.10am
Hat

Find out what band your neighbours with similar flats are in. Ask around to see if any of them are in lower bands, or whether there has been any history of downbanding properties in your block.

There have been a couple of threads on here before about this, I don't know whether you have more luck than I on the search facility.

Just for the record, I understand that ground floor council flats were regarded in 1991 as virtually unsaleable owing to security concerns, so ground floor flats tend to be a lower band than flats higher up the block.

I'm glad I don't have to come up with a 1991 valuation for a flat built in the last couple of years in a gated community in SE1!
hat
Wednesday 21 April 2004 10.38am
Aha - previous threads led me to have a look at what the bands are for all the flats in my block on the VOA website - and they range from e-g, so I think a band change should be possible. As a resident of a ground floor, gated community, new build flat, I agree that finding a fair 1991 valuation is exceedingly hard...
Thanks again Katy and Mapmaker for your help

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: