Café Amisha

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 15 January 2011 5.24pm
Just thought I'd put in a good word for Café Amisha as other than the odd word here and there about their pizzas I've not found much on them here. I was very scornful of the look they've gone for, most especially the tacky looking signage outside and that kept me away for quite a good while... but yesterday their dishes of the day were really very good: freshly made fish ravioli followed by lamb. The ravioli was outstanding - proper job. (The night before I'd been to the Laughing Gravy having read recommendations here and was disappointed.)
Sunday 16 January 2011 12.32am
I've been meaning to check this place out, but keep forgetting it exists. Oops.
Sunday 16 January 2011 10.29am
It's a really nice place actually. I agree Eleanor, strange decor, but really nice staff, and solid decent food. We go in there quite a bit, and always feel like we've got value for money. It's really nice that there's something down that end of Grange Road.
Sunday 16 January 2011 11.31am
Yes Mike I agree with you - pretty good prices on the whole and very good service. I also spent one very productive afternoon working there with a huge table to myself, peace and quiet and wifi connection that worked brilliantly compared to the connection I have at home that cuts out constantly.
Monday 17 January 2011 12.07pm
I went to Cafe Amisha for the first time last week. Fantastic little place I thought and will be makign it my choice of destination anytime I want pizza or pasta. Had a antipasti to share, 2 pizzas and a couple of glasses of wine. Went with the Taste Card which gives you 50% off of food so it came to £25. Absolute bargain and as good pizza as I have had anywhere.

No connections etc other than a happy (new) customer.
Monday 17 January 2011 1.15pm
Our first, early, experiences were poor, but we too have been back recently and were impressed, and that makes up for the dodgy interior design
Monday 17 January 2011 4.43pm
Another thumbs up from me for Cafe Amisha's food and I am also all for the decor. Personally, I don't like the design at all, but I do like the fact that they have done something a bit different and not just gone for a bland imitation trattoria.

As for the restaurant itself, I've been a few times and have always been impressed with the friendly service, they have an excellent Pizzaiolo and with Taste London it is unbelieveable value.

Not tried the delivery yet, but it is next on the list for a lazy Sunday meal in front of the tele.

If only they did a decent weekend brunch with proper Italian coffee. Maybe something for the owners to think about?
Friday 21 January 2011 2.54pm
Hello Everyone

My name is Francesco and I am the General Manager at Cafe Amisha. Thank you very much for all your kind reviews, I have taken on board all your comments.

Please note, Cafe Amisha now has a delivery service should you wish to order a takeaway any day of the week (excluding Mondays when we are closed). Our entire al a carte menu is available.

Please visit our website www.cafeamisha.com or alternatively email me at francesco@cafeamisha.co.uk to join our mailing list or book reservations. If you decide to join our mailing list we will be able to keep you up to date with our special offers. Please note we are now also a member of View card London, Gourmet Society and toptable as well as tastecard London.

Please contact me if you have any further suggestions or comments to improve our service here at Cafe Amisha.

We look forward to seeing you.
Friday 21 January 2011 3.33pm
Hi Francesco,

just thought I'd endorse the suggestion about weekend lunch and decent coffee. Don't know if you've noticed the thread here about SoBo? I think a lot of people in the area who used to be SoBo regulars are looking around for new choices - though, to be honest, your eclectic decor may not be quite right for people who liked the former SoBo style:)
Friday 21 January 2011 3.49pm
francesco wrote:
Please visit our website www.cafeamisha.com

This doesn't work, but www.cafeamisha.co.uk does.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: