can anyboady help me please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 January 2011 11.53pm
Hello,how much does fish and seafood cost in se1 is it dear
Tuesday 18 January 2011 3.00pm
Problem isn't so much the price, it's that fishmongers are very few and far between. Those that do exist (Borough market mostly) are expensive, and can lack variety (Applebee only ever seem to have Sea Bream and Plaice).

would love to see fresh gurnard, pollock etc etc...
Tuesday 18 January 2011 6.20pm
Wow !that's amazing i bet you pay out the teeth for it aswell. I recon you could all do with someone who sells a large variety of good quality fish at a resonable price !i always find that londoners love there fresh fish
Tuesday 18 January 2011 9.49pm
I'm a Londoner and I love fresh fish - it is dear hear.

I am fed up of paying out the teeth aswell.

I could do with someone who sells a large variety of good quality fish at a reasonable price.

How, exactly, can you help me in my fishy quest?
Tuesday 18 January 2011 10.29pm
Boss St Bloke. I'm a Londoner too, but now I live in Devon and I can get gurnard, pollack, pouting, sand sole, pilchards, Exe mussels, live crabs and a whole load more at good prices. On good days, when the sea allows him to get out and back, you can buy it from Dave on the beach in Budleigh Salterton, but I guess that's a bit far for you. So why not get down to East St or Brixton Market? They're not too far and until I moved in September they had great fish & didn't charge the Earth for it.
Wednesday 19 January 2011 12.40pm
fish me up mr grimsby!
Thursday 20 January 2011 4.23pm
Yeah, come on Grimsby, can you deliver the goods, or are you just teasing us with tales of your mussels...
Friday 21 January 2011 7.12pm
Sorry for the late post,been at work
i have to be carfull not to advertise
i have a little bussinss, mobile fishmonger
the van at the back inside is done out in stainless steel shelving and all the fish lay on a bed of ice
so when it is conviniant for you i give you a knock ,you come out and select what you want its like having your own peronal fishmonger counter outside your front door how about that then
if i can genarate loads of intrest in se1 it will be worth a trip
Friday 21 January 2011 9.02pm
My great grandfather had a horse and cart and he used to tour the pubs of south-east London on weekends selling sea food. He earned a darned good living out of it. I don't think the penchant for sea food has diminished, I suspect it's price and availability that has caused the demise. I suggest you carry on putting out 'feelers' and then, depending on the response, give it a go.
I know this site is not here for the purpose of advertising, but I think you are a special case and a 'good cause' which, judging by the above comments, will make a lot of people happy.
Subject to the response, give it a go for a weekend. Say where you're going to be on a particular day and then set your stall out. I can't speak for James Hatts of course, but I hope he would grant his blessing.
Good luck!
Friday 21 January 2011 9.41pm
Thanks,chalky i will do just that and thankyou for your replys you are a very intresting and very kind person

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: