Conjestion Charging - Residents renewal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 April 2004 9.45am
Hi
I am raising an issue that came to light for me today.

The CC charge authorities have confirmed that I renewed my residents registration, on 17th April, just before the due date of 18th April.
However, today, I received a cheque in the post today for the balance of my annual charge.

It seems that even though they received my documents before 18th, they have still closed my account, and only informed my by the issue of a cheque - Sent 2nd class.

I have a fixed penalty on its way for Monday and possibly Tuesday!

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
dee
Wednesday 21 April 2004 10.57am
there was an earlier discussion on this i recall but my partner had problems as they lost his cheque although they had confirmed receipt of it. They also tired to tell him he had not paid his residency charge but only his annual fee although confirming the amount received was for both.

They have accepted this on 2 days and withdrawn the penalty but not on the other 2 and are arguing on the grounds his residency ran out although they extended it until May and he had sent the money in March and it had been received!

we have appealed and are waiting to hear from them although I expect for the umptenth time we will get a letter saying they have chosen not to take it further!

Wednesday 21 April 2004 11.00am
Vote Norris who will give an amnesty on all CC fines!
Tuesday 27 April 2004 6.06pm
Did you see the item on congestion and parking ticket appeals on London ITV news tonight?
Looks like a real time saver,

http://www.appealnow.com
Tuesday 27 April 2004 7.18pm
Vote Norris and bring back the traffic jams!
Tuesday 27 April 2004 8.50pm
just heard a report on the news today that using the bus has increased in popularity in London whilst it has declined in other areas. Perhaps we have the C-charge to thank mapmaker.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 10.35pm
Had the same thing for Crap Charge London cumulating in about 13 Penalty charge notices (they claimed they had my address wrong). I had re-registered (and photo-copied the form) and sent the payment. They however claimed they had a different address for me, and returned the cheque to the other address… hence I continued blissfully unaware. What I can't work out is how they could not have the correct address given the payment was in the same envelope (plus they managed to send me the 13 PCNs without a glitch). Call me a scenic but they are screwing up so epically one begins to wonder whether it may be sort of accidentally on purpose… easy way to earn money given the 8 or so hours it took me to resolve, possibly putting other less principled off from pursuing it.

In short, good luck although triumphed doesn't feel that good when one has wasted so much time, especially having good intentions in the first place.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 9.57am
Matt,

You're a scenic.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 11.21am
Rach: It's probably increased because London's streets are now stuffed full of empty buses. I'd rather sit in palatial comfort on a bus for free than catch a cab & pay.

Now night buses are every 10 minutes on lots of routes, of course people will use them rather than cabs.

Just because more people are using buses doesn't mean that the world is a better place, though.
Wednesday 28 April 2004 11.32am
Mapmaker, your insistence on flying in the face of facts, logic, commonsense and a general concern for others reminds me of my time as a stubborn schoolboy.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: