Abused by Southwark Traffic Warden

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 22 January 2011 9.03am
At 8:30 this morning I went down to move my car - It had a ticket on - I was calm about this, I should have moved it earlier .
The traffic warden was still there blocking both lanes of the street with his truck - We decided to take a picture - At this point the traffic warden stared shouting There followed tirade of abuse which lasted for a full minute .
It was a Southwark Traffic Warden 741 in a red jacket - Has anyone else had problems with him?
They were working the Bermondsey Street area
Saturday 22 January 2011 10.01am
Do you want to make a complaint about it?
Saturday 22 January 2011 2.20pm
they are all a bunch of corrupt morons
Saturday 22 January 2011 3.02pm
Maybe the man has had so much abuse in the past that he gets his retaliation in first? I do think maybe he needs to either change job or get down to the buddhist centre and learn some meditation. That said I am curious as to why you were taking a picture and whether there is more than one side to the story painted above.

any hoo - tis payday next week - live, laugh, love and try to rise above the small stuff!
Sunday 23 January 2011 12.15pm
We don't have enough wardens around the back streets of Westcliff/Southend, booking those who cause a constant obstruction by parking on double yellow lines on the street corners. But there are dozens of them along the seafront, looking to slap a ticket on a day visitor who's run two minutes over his metered time. I've even seen them standing next to cars waiting for the time to run out. I kid you not.
Monday 24 January 2011 1.55pm
boroughpaul wrote:
they are all a bunch of corrupt morons
Wonder what they think of you?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 26 January 2011 10.45pm
Thought this was interesting!

Talked to a couple of traffic wardens today and joked they could have made a killing yesterday as there were a few limousines with coats of arms on the front of them parked on yellow lines on Tanner Street yesterday. They told me the cars belonged to Boris Johnson and other dignitaries and that the wardens were told not to go anywhere near or be seen on Tooley Street, Bermondsey Street, Tanner Street and other roads off Tower Bridge road yesterday because of these cars.

Isn't it illegal for everyone to park on yellow lines?

I wish I had known I could have parked on a yellow line until a parking bay came free!!
Thursday 27 January 2011 10.40am
Thats a joke Becki as a few years back the wardens ticketed funeral cars outside a church!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: