Counselling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
rm
Wednesday 21 April 2004 12.08pm
can anyone recommend a good professional counsellor locally? Preferably from personal experience or word of mouth if possible.
Wednesday 21 April 2004 1.21pm
Don't know what exactly you're after, but I do know the name of an excellent Life Coach, if that is more applicable.
rm
Wednesday 21 April 2004 1.54pm
yeah probably. its nothing medical or anything.

could you e-mail me the details at woofybaby [at] yahoo.com
Wednesday 21 April 2004 2.23pm
RM! I am a psychologist and life coach. I sent you an email, but is undeliverable. My mail address is maurits.kalff@btinternet.com

Post edited (21 Apr 04 16:26)
rm
Wednesday 21 April 2004 3.41pm
ahhh. could be yahoo.co.uk.

I've e-mailed you anyway....
jan
Friday 30 April 2004 5.29am
Maurits, where could I find information about counselling for someone, i.e what the client could expect from a first viisit etc., the reason I am asking is that when someone I know went to see one, she ( the professional) spent time talking about her own problems including her weight, which was not the issue that the client went there for...and was not mentioned by the client either..

if this is inappropiate use of the forum James...sorry.

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Friday 30 April 2004 7.26am
Jan, I think it is inappropriate for a counsellor to talk about themselves, especially during a first session.

Normally the first session is used to establish a working relationship, to clarify and define the concerns of the client and to make an assesment to see whether or not counselling is likely to help the client. The counsselor should also decide whether he/she is willing to work with this specific client to help them achieve what they want.

After that they enter the contracting phase in wich they agree what exactly should be achieved by counselling/coaching.

Does this make sense?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: