Ideas for Socials

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 26 January 2011 2.22pm
Hi everyone

I am the General Manager at Cafe Amisha on Grange rd SE1 3GH. I'm looking into organizing some weekly or monthly events/socials at my restaurant to give the community an opportunity to regularly meet and get to know each other. Back home in Sardinia my community was very close and we would often get together and socialize, I would like to create a similar friendly network here.

So far I am considering a quiz night and karaoke evenings and was wondering if anyone had any other ideas or thoughts on the matter? What social is Grange Road missing?! Thanks in advance!

Francesco
Wednesday 26 January 2011 3.11pm
How about a special "Discount Day for SE1 Website Members" (10% off ?).

Perhaps interested SE1 folks could PM you an email address and you can email a discount voucher?

You could maybe have daytime and evening sessions on the same day?
Wednesday 26 January 2011 3.32pm
Thanks, if you email me on francesco@cafeamisha.co.uk quoting 'SE1 community website', I will put together a special SE1 community discount mailing list.

Many thanks
Francesco
Wednesday 26 January 2011 5.04pm
Hello Francesco - I live very close by to Cafe Amisha and have been meaning to come in with my husband. I am afraid I have no idea why we have never been in but see the place has had very good reviews. I am glad you have joined the se1 throng and look forward to having a pizza there. I could take a flyer and put it on our apartment notice boards? do you do take away?
I am a member of a book club and we meet on saturdays. We have found it difficult to find somewhere where we can sit for hours and drink without us necessarily having to buy food. (Between us we do spend alot of money) I would suggest putting up a flyer at the libraries and saying you might be a good venue for that (I can also suggest it as a meeting point). My book club tend to come from west and north london so not sure whether they would come a bit far out from the tube...
also do you do take away coffees?
Wednesday 26 January 2011 5.47pm
Hi Julia,

You definitely need to come to appreciate the quality of our fresh food (most of it made on site, ie: bread, pizza dough). Furthermore, the design of the restaurant is unique in London, everyone enjoy relaxing around a nice cuppa or cocktail.

We deliver all around the SE1 area.

You are of course invited for drinks, this will give you the opportunity to see for yourself why we are unique in this area.

When you come in you can have drinks, we have a lots of people coming for cockails or coffee.
Also every thursday we got a mums meeting in, They meet on a weekly basis for the last 6 months.So you are welcome with all your members,we are the perfect place to organise gathering, meeting, etc...
Kids are obviously welcome and we can provide high chairs and activities for them.

I hope to see you soon where we can discuss further may you wish to arrange a regular book club on our premises.

Many thanks
Francesco
Thursday 27 January 2011 10.43am
Lovely to hear of a place where children are welcome Francesco, some places look at them like they are creatures from out of space instead of future customers! :-)
Monday 31 January 2011 8.30am
Hi Francesco
I only live round the corner and I have been in a couple of times. At first I thought it would be a handy bar to nip out to as we haven't found a pub or bar we like in the immediate area but you only had bottled beer or wine. Have you got any draught beer or lager on yet to cater for those who prefer a pint?
Monday 31 January 2011 11.10am
I'm always up for a quiz night. Agree some draft beer would be great

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: