GP Surgery - Recommendation?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 February 2011 9.47am

I'm looking for a GP surgery in the SE1 area - does anyone have any good recommendations/ones to steer clear of?

Thanks very much!
Tuesday 1 February 2011 12.04pm
I use the surgery on Decima street, just off the south end of Bermondsey Street. I think the surgery name is Tolley after the lead GP. I find the service is excellent, my GP Dr Louise Tebbith is particularly good, and goes the extra mile. If you're not worried who you see you can usually get an appointment that day or the next.
Tuesday 1 February 2011 1.02pm
decima street has our vote as well
for long chats dr lipinski of wien is best - of course, your appointment may be delayed waiting for the previous chatter to go ...
Tuesday 1 February 2011 7.39pm
The GP surgery on Decima Street is actually called the Lansdowne& Bermondsey Medical Mission. The same doctors can also be found in the Artesian health centre on Grange Road.
Wednesday 2 February 2011 12.06am
Monday 7 February 2011 9.09am
I can thoroughly recommend the Dun Cow Surgery in Old Kent Road SE1, this is part of the Aylesbury Partnership.
Monday 7 February 2011 10.51am
that's interesting as some friends of mine have just moved from the Dun cow as they said it was awful!!
Monday 7 February 2011 1.48pm
Steer clear ( in my opinion) of Princess St Practice in Elephant and Castle. I have been trying to get an appointemnt with my GP on a minor but ongoing matter.
I can't get an appointment for three weeks ( doctor a way a week then two weeks waiting time) The reception refused to put me through to another GP or ask them to call me for interim advice as I requested. Refused to make an appointment with any other GP at the practice as it was not an emergency ( mmmm---are they qualified to say what is or not) If I needed treatment go to Casulty and I could if I wanted put a leter in writing to the practice manager requesting another appointment , they said it was not their 'policey' to do anything over the phone......
Good job I am basically a healthy person.
Monday 7 February 2011 3.38pm
I go to the Blackfriars Medical Centre just off Blackfriars Road near to Hatfields. Dr Barnard, a french lady is fab there. They are always really helpful - get appts quickly, speak to doctors over the phone, get to see nurse easily etc. Plus they have a councillng service and other things...
Monday 7 February 2011 4.37pm
As regards to the Dun Cow practice, my young cousin had a terrible time with her two youngsters several years ago. They may have changed? But I would go with the excellent Decima Street Practice as suggested several times over the years on this Forum!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: