Holiday Inn Express Southwark St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 22 April 2004 11.43am
The only reasonable priced hotel that I could get in the area for 2 weeks this summer, was Holiday Inn Express on Southwark St, everywhere else was fully booked. Has anybody stayed there & what was it like ? - Were the rooms as spacious as the Travelinn type ( I'll be in a room with 3 teenagers !!). Thanks in anticipation of replies ! - Barbara.
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.20pm

The company I work for is literally opposite the Holiday Inn, and I understand that we use it for most of our visitors. Bearing in mind a lot of the people who come to visit are relatively important and from abroad, it must be ok. I think the main reason we use it is because it's about 30 seconds walk from the office, but I do see a heck of a lot of well-to-do people going in, coming out, hailing cabs, loitering outside etc. So, it must be a step-up from a Travelodge...
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.26pm
Wouldn't you do better in a Serviced Apartment...?

Thursday 22 April 2004 12.47pm
come on deirdre....again

this thread is made for you

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.49pm
serviced apartments are generally more expensive aren't they?
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.02pm
Another option in the summer is student accomodation as most Unis let them out. The LSE have some places at St Katherines dock and they were cheaper than a lot of places when I was a student there but used to get snapped up quickly. Guys trust had some student places in Great Dover Street they used to let out?

maybe worth a look on the web for future reference

Thursday 22 April 2004 1.29pm

They are not always more expensive, and as you can cook for yourself sometimes rather than having to eat out for every meal, it is not as bad as it looks.

Mind you, I have no idea how much the HIExpress is!?

Thursday 22 April 2004 4.56pm
Thinking of student accommodation, there is a block of apartments on the road that runs behind the Tate Modern, which calls itself a hotel during the summer. I have no idea of the quality, but if you're looking for space and cheapness, then why not...???
Thursday 22 April 2004 4.58pm
James - you're thank about the LSE's Bankside House.

Details of all the places discussed in this thread can be found in the Hotels section of this website:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: