Nice cottages in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 22 April 2004 11.55am
any suggestions?

Thursday 22 April 2004 12.02pm
Depends what sort of 'nice cottages' you mean!

If you mean small, pretty houses with rambling roses round the door, are you really sure you want to be in SE1?

If so, try Copperfield St.
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.13pm

Or Roupell Street...which has the added advantage of Konditor & Cook on the corner!

Loafer
rm
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.30pm
that whole area off union street is probably the best place to look.

se16 might be a better bet though, especially in the old areas in Rotherhithe.
Thursday 22 April 2004 12.42pm
Ufford St isn't looking bad now. They've just had a big refurb (new roofs all along the street). It's a row of attached houses. I suspect the definition of 'cottage' depends on the viewer.
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.02pm
3 bed Queen Anne one for sale on Grange Walk for 575k thro' Daniel Cobb. Not a lot of house for the money, but charming garden.
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.31pm
On the edge of SE1, off Southwark Park Road, is an enclave of Victorian Terraces in tree-lined streets.

It's not exactly South Kensington but for about 300k you can get a 3 bed house with a garden.

On another thread on this board called 'Bermondsey Spa Regeneration area' is a bit about this (it's not in the spa area but next to it.)

We've just moved in and it's a quiet little area.
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.31pm

Just had a thought - Blake, you are talking about houses and not unfortuanate impluses leading to resignations of ministers caught on Clapham Common, aren't you...?!

Loafer
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.34pm

I hear the Victorian toilets on the corner of Grange and Tower Bridge Roads are good for that sort of thing!
Thursday 22 April 2004 1.42pm
I'd appreciate it if this thread was confined to discussing property.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: