Sunday lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 10 February 2011 8.07pm
Dear All, I am looking for somewhere really nice and reasonably priced in SE1 to go for a relaxed Sunday lunch. Can anyone make any recommendations please? Many thanks.
Monday 14 February 2011 1.38pm
The King's Arms on Tooley Street does an excellent Sunday roast. So does the Dean Swift. It depends on how much you'd ideally like to pay, but there's plenty of places, I'm sure!

:)
Monday 14 February 2011 1.52pm
The Woolpack and the Goldsmith both do an excellent Suday lunch
Monday 14 February 2011 2.02pm
The King's Arms is expensive, but good. The Royal Oak does a better Sunday Roast, huge portions and cheaper. Oh, they have real ale too!
Monday 14 February 2011 2.14pm
Second The Woolpack. I don't know how expensive it is for Sunday lunch but the Swan at The Globe has a good restaurant.

Been to The Royal Oak twice now and both times been let down by the Sunday lunch.
Monday 14 February 2011 2.21pm
By "relaxed", do you mean lazing around in the pub for the afternoon, after a Sunday roast? I am going to try the Britannia, Kipling St on Sunday 27 February so will report back after then.

The Market Porter upstairs does a nice Sunday lunch but is more of a restaurant so not one for loitering too long.
Monday 14 February 2011 6.01pm
The Royal Oak roasts are excellent but the wine selection is poor and the service, imho, has declined recently. We tried the Trinity by Borough tube recently and was surprised how good it was and the service is great. Also loads of room so rarely full and no pressure to move on therefore we enjoyed a very long sunday lunch.
Monday 14 February 2011 7.49pm
the Royal Oak is rated by many but i just dont see the attraction
jw
Tuesday 15 February 2011 6.37pm
I am going to start opening for Sunday roasts at The Laughing Gravy from March 6th if that helps
Tuesday 15 February 2011 7.44pm
don't go to roast in borough market. very expensive and very disappointing.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: