Odd Animal Noises

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 13 February 2011 8.10am
Hi,

Has anyone else been hearing the really weird animal noises coming from behind Queen Elizabeth Street? It sounds like it's inbetween QE Street and Tooley Street. Starts up around 7pmish and then goes on for a few hours.

First off I thought it was a dog, then sounds like a bird... The other half thinks it sounds more like a Pterodactyl!

Either way, whatever it is, the noises are pretty disturbing, and it's almost warranting making a formal complaint about it. It's guaranteed to happen EVERY night, without fail.

I'm wondering whether they let whatever it is out at 7pmish, or whether the owner comes home? Either way, I would be interested to know if anyone knows what the hell it is!

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
Sunday 13 February 2011 8.48am
Might be a fox, they make a screeching sound
or a raccoon
Sunday 13 February 2011 9.34am
phoney wrote:
Might be a fox, they make a screeching sound

A fox maybe, but as cunning and intelligent as these beautiful creatures,(to some) are, I doubt that they have enough know-how to have mastered the ability to set an alarm clock for 18.45 every evening in order to start making a noise at 19.00.
Sunday 13 February 2011 5.56pm
it is a mating call that the foxs make....
Zoe
Sunday 13 February 2011 6.48pm
I've heard it and it is really odd and disturbing, but I'm pretty sure it's a fox.

Yesterday on a walk out we saw a fox who, to escape a cat that was intimidating it, went into a child's playground, went up the slide, and slid down. It didn't even seem upset and sat down to slide, looking like it had done it before.

I kid you not!
Monday 14 February 2011 10.26am
It is the foxes mating season, so likely to be them. They do make some terrible noises!
Monday 14 February 2011 2.10pm
Heh, thanks very much for clarifying that one! Makes sense from where I could hear the noise from!
Monday 14 February 2011 3.42pm
It is indeed foxes. They seem to be mating in the gardens of the Circle flats at the moment.
Monday 14 February 2011 4.16pm
They were busy (!) in Leathermarket Gardens very very early this morning too.................
Friday 18 February 2011 8.18pm
Came home the other day and quite happily stretched out sunbathing next to the path to my flat was a fox sunning itself and having a wash ! didnt seen bothered at all when i walked past and i was even tempted to go and give it a stroke !
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network