Attempted robbery/mugging in Leathermarket Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 9.07am
Just wanted to warn everyone about 2 youths maybe around 17ish who tailgated me into my building last night in Leathermarket Street and tried to attack me when challenged. The police are not sure if it was a straightforward attempt at mugging or an attempt to scout out the building for burglary. Anyway they didn't get anything except for one getting a clout round the head before running off.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 9.38am
How awful for you. I hope you're feeling OK today. Out of interest, what sort of time did this happen?
Tuesday 15 February 2011 10.13am
Thanks P24...feeling more shaken than stirred to be honest...but quite angry.

5.25pm.....bit too early for comfort I feel.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 11.13am
I know some say we shouldn't fight them but can't help thinking well done you for the clout round the head! Little sods.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 11.47am
Glad you're OK

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 11.51am
Hope the police will follow up and check CCTV from your building and surrounding streets.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 12.05pm
Returning home to City Walk, around 11.35am, I saw 4 youths on Bikes. Two turned right towards Vesta Court [opposite Leathermarket] and the other two drove through City Walk, returning a few moments later up Morocco Street. I heard one shout 'How do you get in?' and they dropped their bikes, in order to take a run at the wall and into Leathermarker Court.

I didn't want to linger, for obvious reasons, and two of them saw me looking - but I did call the police, who arrived pretty quickly. They called me for more information but I think the youths had already gone.

Could there be a link to your experience, Urbanite? I told the police about that incident.
Tuesday 15 February 2011 2.29pm
Not sure....really don't want to have to make the place like Fort Knox....but with little scallywags like this who can cause so much damage what to do?

Pleased to hear the police were on the scene quickly and can only praise their response last night...for both getting there quickly and being supportive...they often get negative press but last night they were very good.

@Ivanhoe and @ beetroot...thanks I'm fine just very annoyed really today and more so having just read P24's latest post about these kids.....grrrrrr

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: