Cheap bite out

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.10pm
Hello people!

What are your recommendations on a cheap but nice bite to eat out in SE1?

You know, it's Wednesday evening, you fancy going out for dinner, but it's not yet payday and you don't fancy paying £18 for burger and chips with service, for example.

Thinking of any cuisine really, as long as it's good. Maybe not a greasy spoon

Any thoughts?
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.17pm
Pub Thai? There are plenty in SE1.

Tas.

The Colombian place on Rockingham street, Leños & Carbón. Great value for money.
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.21pm
Mamuska upstairs at the E&C Shopping Centre. Awesome Polish food. Highly recommended.
Or Dragon Castle, Walworth Road for amazing Chinese.
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.27pm
Lucy
did you know Wednesday is Beer & Burger night @thecrownsouthwark

you can have any of our legendary burgers and a pint of beer ( or glass of wine) for the price of the burger only! (£8 - £10)

you can choose from any of our 10 burgers or try the specials which this week are
Southern Comfort spicy chicken burger
or
The Posideon Adventure fish burger

Our beer selection is not generic run of the mill beers and lagers as found in most pubs. Try a Brooklyn lager or maybe a Bavarian Wheat beer.

We have made a lot of changes to the place recently and its now an enjoyable place to come for food, drink and relaxing with friends.

see our website www.thecrownpubandgrill.com
follow us on twitter @crownsouthwark

maybe see you here

cheers
Phil
The Crown
108 Blackfriars rd
SE1 8HW
roy
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.33pm
maries on lower marsh does a lovely thai at good prices - RSJ for a more upmarket french vibe, Anchor and hope if you want to splash out , Masters super fry for really good fish and chips
Wednesday 16 February 2011 4.35pm
roundaboutnews thanks for the Mamuska tip! Haven't really had much Polish food but that place sounds great. Nice website too

La Martinet liking the sound of Leños & Carbón too! And Bigphil thanks for letting me know about the offer! The Crown's a great gaff :)
Wednesday 16 February 2011 7.12pm
If you search voucher codes for restaurants it throws out loads of deals. We went to Cafe Rouge today 2 for 1, make different in the current climate.
Thursday 17 February 2011 1.35am
Just a little away from SE1, but less than a 10 minute walk from Lambeth North - Zeitgeist goes good, inexpensive German food. http://zeitgeist-london.com

There's also the various branches of Tas, and their Ev restaurant and bar.

And I'm told 'My Big Fat Greek' at Elephant is good, though I've not been there myself.
Thursday 17 February 2011 1.54am
Cafe Nawaz - good Indian food, well priced.
Thursday 17 February 2011 11.54am
Yeah the Greek is a good meal.

Second dragon castle.

Also the noodle place by the shopping centre has great, very cheap, food - just looks a bit rough around the edges.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: