Reliable service to sand and seal wooden floors?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 16 February 2011 5.33pm
Does anyone recommend some one local who can do this well ? Thank you
Thursday 17 February 2011 1.30pm
They seem to do lots of useful things Tim W, have you used them before or was it just an internet search?
Tuesday 22 February 2011 9.18am
Sorry, I'm a bit late back to this. I haven't used them but I'd been looking for someone to do my own floors and came across the advert.

Did you use them (or someone else)? Any good?
Tuesday 22 February 2011 9.26am
Hi - I had the company round - gentleman seemed to know what he was talking about. I will use him ( you can see his prices on his website) in about four weeks and I will let you know what I think after the work is completed if that helps
Catherine
Tuesday 22 February 2011 9.49am
Hi - not sure why my comments don't show up - I will try again ! Chap came round on saturday. Quote reasonable. Will use him in a few weeks and report back
Wednesday 23 February 2011 11.48pm
Hi there,
We used these people not so long ago, they are based in Balham but they did a fabulous job sanding and sealing ours: http://www.woodenfloors.co.uk/

Otherwise a local business that seems very good as we are dealing with them at the moment to lay some new wooden floors is Rowat and Gray on Crucifix lane.

Hope that helps!
Thursday 24 February 2011 7.40am
I used that company based in Balham. I found them dishonest! They quoted me for using a special varnish " Junkers" if I remember correctly. Unfortunately, I had read the brochure about Junkers products. The drying time was much longer than what they did in my flat.I even called the Junkers sales rep who confirmed what I had read. When I confronted them, I asked to see the Junkers jars or bottles. Apparently, they transfered the product in different bottles in the morning. I did not pay the rest of the money (about 500 out of 1400). it has been 4 years and they never claimed it back. I also complained to consumer association about them.
If you are using them, stay at home and check everything. I was very disappointed as I used to live in Clapham South and had heard about this company prior to moving to SE1.
Wednesday 4 May 2011 8.16am
I used Heritage Floor sanding ( see top of thread) and said I would report back after job.

I would not use again

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: