Dickens Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 February 2011 1.07pm
Browsing the southwark and berm.news planning etc., it mentioned an agreed Land Swap regarding Dickens square, does this mean the adventure playground will be losing a piece of land?
Thursday 17 February 2011 6.07pm
Nopes, its very minor - to do with the development going on between Trinity Church and Merrick Squares.

Friday 18 February 2011 10.21am
Does anyone know what that development is going to be? (The one between TCSq and Merrick Sq).

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 18 February 2011 1.52pm
Flats and houses according to the stuff they put up during consultation. I'm sure I saw some drawings of it somewhere - probably via southwark council planning website. IIRC it was flats at the front and then town houses along the side following the cut-through road. All styled to match the existing town houses.
Friday 18 February 2011 2.04pm
Aha! Thanks, ADT.

As far as I can see, the main focus of works so far has been to dig a blooming big hole in the ground (which, I suppose, from what you say, will be parking).

Friday 18 February 2011 2.09pm
A Roman cemetery was found during the archaeological dig in that big hole:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 February 2011 2.25pm
Here we go - this is the original planning application

Of which this set of elevations is probably the best illustration of what they're doing:

Perhaps the changes at the Dickens Square end are to allow access to the town houses from that end?
Friday 18 February 2011 4.30pm
Thanks again, James and ADT. Interesting stuff.

Wonder if the Romans spent a lot of time debating whether it was the right thing to do to put those gates on Trinity Street, and block off the road by The Roebuck?

Friday 18 February 2011 6.57pm
Well it would have stopped those inconsiderate chariot riders.
Saturday 19 February 2011 9.07am
One Boudicca coming through...finally found another use for those blades..lol
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: