Thefts at Topnotch Gym

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 20 February 2011 1.37pm
If anyone has experienced a theft of their personal property whilst at Topnotch Gym, St Thomas Street, London Bridge, please get in touch.
Monday 21 February 2011 10.31pm
Yup, in my case it was a long time ago (18 months) and involved cash taken from a padlocked locker. Just to say that it was apparent then that there is a way that the lockers (in the men's changing rooms at least) can be opened without removing the padlocks and that this was happening regularly. Hope it's not the same deal for you(though obviously unlucky either way!).
Tuesday 22 February 2011 7.09am
We were members some time ago (before escaping the dirt and grime) and several people we knew there had their lockers broken in to. The management did nothing about it then and clearly did not want to take responsibility for it (though that was some time ago).
Wednesday 23 February 2011 2.34pm
Sorry to hear about your experiences and thanks for taking the time to post messages. My husband and 2 other members experienced thefts from their padlocked lockers on Xmas eve 2010. Their valuables were taken and the police only reluctantly called upon the insistence of my husband. We are considering taking county court action (after advice from the CAB) and if you or anyone would like to get in touch or elaborate on your experiences please contact us via topnotchthefts@aol.co.uk Although my husband has left Topnotch now we want to make sure this doesn't continue happening.
Thursday 24 March 2011 6.04pm
I really hope you get something out of this. I joined in January and will be leaving when my membership expires in July - I only joined as I had a foot injury and needed a gym with a pool. The whole place is pretty run down and to say that there are hygiene issues is an understatement.

I was chatting to someone in there who said that he too had had stuff stolen from his locker. Someone else said that they'd left an iPod in the studio after a class. He returned 10 minutes later and it was gone. The staff did nothing. Clearly leaving something unattended is different to having a locker broken into but it does offer an insight into some of the people who use the gym or work there. I'd like to think most people would have handed it in.
Thursday 24 March 2011 6.14pm
Thank you very much for getting in touch. There is clearly a problem at Topnotch and I am doing my best to put the matter into legal hands and get the whole issue investigated! I am surprised the Manager (P Hall) has shown no interest in replying to my emails requesting a thorough investigation into all these events to ensure the regular thefts stop occurring!
Thursday 24 March 2011 6.20pm
mmm joined that gym when i first moved to SE1 ..used it once and never went back ..glad i didnt after reading this ! I remember it having hygiene issues back then and remember the brown slime in the steam room .....yuk
Thursday 24 March 2011 6.33pm
Oddly enough I avoided it after it opened 8 years ago, assuming that the name would match the experience and therefore the rates. Topnotch is a complete misrepresentation. For example, the shower room has zig zag streaks in it where a cursory swipe has been made with a cloth through the black grime on the walls.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: