Old Pictures

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 21 February 2011 10.16pm
I lived on Ralph Street in the 50's this was before the park was built on Harper Road between Falmouth Road and Dickens Square. Does anyone have any old pictures or know where I could get any of that area. I went to Joseph Lancaster School. We were the Mapes family and there were 8 kids. We lived at number 16 Ralph St.....but it is gone now. Anyone remember the street or the Mapes family?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keven
Tuesday 22 February 2011 12.41am
Hi Keven,

Southwark has an excellent archive service Southwark local history and archives and there are a couple of books of photos by local historians as well.

Hope this helps.
Wednesday 23 February 2011 4.07pm
Hi tell your Barry I said Hi! we used to correspond years ago after a posting on here, about 2003 onwards I think. Mrs Malcolm, Margaret, the old Dad number 12...I saw some photos recently I will see if I can find them online.Will be away for a few days so will look then.

jan the old and fatter one!
Thursday 24 February 2011 3.26pm
Hi
I am trying to find out about my Nan and Grandad who lived all their lives in Bermondsey, When I was little they lived on the Arnold Estate, but moved to Guiness Building in Snowsfield when they retired. My nan's name was Ivy Simpson and My Grandad was Bill, they had one Girl June and three boys Frakie David and Wally, My mum is June she worked in Cross and Blackwell in the early 60's I know my Nan used to clean at a tea warehouse locally and my grandad who was deaf used to help on borough market, My grandad's sister (Aunt Kit) lived unitl last year on Lucy Road just off the blue anchor, she was in her 90's when she sadly passed away) I went to Tower bridge Road primary school for a very short while, then went to The Aylwyn school, southwark Park Rd in the 70's - I loved staying at my nan's - Pie and mash for a treat. going down the "lane" to get bits and bobs. good times
Monday 21 May 2012 4.12pm
hi i remember them i lived in withworth house we were the hydes i went to your school my teacher was mr nesbit
Monday 21 May 2012 4.15pm
hi there my first job was working for priory tea and coffee company i was 15 then wounder if it was the same place as were your nan worked
Friday 6 July 2012 9.28am
Hi i remember the twins and Barry.i went to joey lanc (Mr Nesbit ) and went to kennington boys as well.
Searle family from Whitworth Hse
Friday 6 July 2012 1.28pm
Hello Michael

It's nice to just go back in time and find others on the net. Our family left London in the early 60's and we came to Canada. Mike and I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Norma lives in a small town and Keith and Carl live in Edmonton, Alberta. Barry live in Terrace, British Columbia and Mark (now deceased)live there too. Most of us are now getting close to retiring or are retired. Michael how are you and your family - do you have pictures of family and the area back then. There was also a post from Dipsy237 the Hydes who mentioned she knew us. Please let me know how life has been for both of you and who else you can trigger my mind with. Please reply back.
Sunday 8 July 2012 4.43pm
dipsy237 wrote:
hi i remember them i lived in withworth house we were the hydes i went to your school my teacher was mr nesbit

I sent this following message to you and Micheal Searle

Hello Michael

It's nice to just go back in time and find others on the net. Our family left London in the early 60's and we came to Canada. Mike and I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Norma lives in a small town and Keith and Carl live in Edmonton, Alberta. Barry live in Terrace, British Columbia and Mark (now deceased)lived there too. Most of us are now getting close to retiring or are retired. Michael how are you and your family - do you have pictures of family and the area back then. There was also a post from Dipsy237 the Hydes who mentioned she knew us. Please let me know how life has been for both of you and who else you can trigger my mind with. Please reply back.
Wednesday 11 July 2012 11.59am
hi there are 4 of us. Denis lives in elmers end, i live in surrey, Peter lives kennington oval, and Martin teaches in Aukland New Zealand. Do you remember any of us? Do you remember butcher white's the barbers and the little shop next door, can't remember the old biddies name.
The bonfire was always on the wasteground near your home.
Are there any other families you remember inthe area?

Michael.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: