Daily dog sitter wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 February 2011 3.34pm
I am looking for a daily dog sitter (5 days a week) to take care of my pet at your home - I have an adorable 6 month old male 'Jug' (cross Pug/Jack Russell), who I would like to be looked after each day while I am at work.

It would ONLY suit someone who doesn't work and is at home in the days - any age, as I would like to drop him off at their home in the mornings on my way to work (approx 8-8.30am), and then collect after work (approx 7.30pm).

He is chipped and has full vaccinations.

He'll need to be loved in the day, and walked too (or have outside space to play in). He gets on very well with other dogs. I live by the junction of Tower Bridge Road and Long Lane, so your property would need to be near here, so I could drop off on my way to London Bridge station. I think we're looking at paying 50 per week, and we'll obviously supply food.

Please email me your details if interested:
goodknightjohn@hotmail.com

Thank you for reading.
Thursday 24 February 2011 6.25pm
Why would you buy a dog if your not able to care for it yourself.
Thursday 24 February 2011 8.50pm
Pops wrote:

That's a bit harsh! People's situations change, especially with this economy the way it is at the moment.
Friday 25 February 2011 10.29am
londoncapricorn wrote:
Pops wrote:

That's a bit harsh! People's situations change, especially with this economy the way it is at the moment.

Yes I agree, a Relation of Mr N has had to make complicated arrangements for his two dogs now that his work has unexpectedly taken him out of London and his wife is on a Contract working overseas.
Friday 25 February 2011 10.32am
Pops wrote:

Why would you 'Pops' spend your time writing things like this when you have no idea what you're talking about?

You must also think that people who look for childcare during the day shouldn't have children if they aren't able to care for them themselves. Please don't be so shortsighted.

I certainly don't owe you an explanation, but for your information the dog wasn't bought, in fact it was homeless and no-one wanted it. It was dirty and needed vet treatment. I decided I could give this dog a better life and home, instead of it being homeless and maybe destroyed. I have a job, but need daycare (I suppose like you would a child if you decided to go back to work) - surely this is better than the possibility of the animal being destroyed.

I assume that means you're not available for doggy daycare then?!
Friday 25 February 2011 10.58am
I assume that means you're not available for doggy daycare then?![/quote wrote:

No thanks, have better things to do with my time than to walk/feed dogs and dont think you would be able to afford my hourly rate even if I did.
Friday 25 February 2011 6.38pm
This (Pops)is the kind of post that puts people off this site which is a shame.
Back to the subject - I think you might struggle to find what you want for the budget you have. Once the puppy is a litle older it might suit an elderly person - company & a little extra cash. Maybe put a note up at your local Age Concern centre ?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: