Southwark Park Nursing Home or Dustbin?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 23 February 2011 8.45pm
Does anyone know what the situation is with the Southwark Park Nursing Home on Southwark Park Road at the end of Reverdy Road? This place seems to be abandoned and the rubbish that is collecting outside is a disgrace. I am wondering if this is still an active nursing home or if it is just being taken over by squatters???
Monday 7 March 2011 5.12pm
Just been told that it is closed, apparently a member of staff has been jailed for 13 years for hitting residents and abusing them?
Monday 7 March 2011 5.41pm
I've looked and cant find anything about it, apart from abuse and neglect in 2009?
Monday 13 June 2011 4.18am
jan where did the information come from about abuse in 2009, my mum was one of the abused, would like to read more on the subject,
Saturday 18 June 2011 7.06pm
OMG. I am so sorry for you, that your Mum went thru this, it disgusts me these poor helpless elderly people being treated like this. I cant repeat what I would have done to those carers on here. My Dad is in a care home in Essex and its a very good one, they are kind and caring and when ever he feels unwell they send him to hospital as he has UTI infection plus heart disease along with dementia etc. So they are very careful. They ring me and say, we are sending your Dad hosp again as he not very well and looks ill etc. They dont take any chances. He got alarms on his bed now as he has a history of falling as he is so weak now. Staff are friendly to visitors as well and try to maintain those that can some independence, up until recently Dad had his own key to his room, but since his hip operation he cant hardly walk anymore.
Saturday 18 June 2011 7.14pm
Sent like to you both. I can put it here if they let me about it to.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/30/care-home-killed-my-war-hero-dad-claims-angry-son-86908-21320121/

Its very upsetting though
Thursday 30 June 2011 10.00am
Wow! That is terrible! So I wonder what happens to the building now...will it go up for sale? There are people living in it now but I think they are squatters. Where did the original residents go?
Tuesday 11 March 2014 12.01pm
Does any know what is happening with this rapidly crumbling building?
Tuesday 11 March 2014 12.45pm
I live around the corner. I'm pretty sure it is occupied by squatters, I've seen people coming and going and they don't look like your ordinary care-home demographic!

It doesn't look in great condition, but there are also far more untidy buildings around the area so if it's putting a roof over their heads, seems fine to me. They don't seem to cause any disturbance.
Tuesday 11 March 2014 1.09pm
Quick google reveals that a new planning app went in at the end of last year to extend and refurbish the existing building, presumably to re-open as a care home. Application number 13/AP/3691

I live at the other end of Reverdy so it probably doesn't directly affect me but I hope they make it look a little more attractive and not so obviously aesthetically out of keeping with the surrounding Victorian terraces.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: