Closing down sale - kitchen shop - The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 1 March 2011 3.32pm
just noticed the "closing down" signs in the window of that excellent kitchen/bathroom etc shop on the cut

went in there today to grab a few items before it goes

great shame .....chatting to the lady that runs it , she was telling me the rent has been put through the roof for them ;(
Tuesday 1 March 2011 4.16pm
What a shame! I've been in that shop so many times! Even my 11 year old thinks it's sad...
Tuesday 1 March 2011 4.17pm
What coffee shop / fast food chain / bookie are we missing that would improve the area by taking its place?
Tuesday 1 March 2011 4.35pm
There's already some discussion about this over in the thread about the recent closure of the adjacent laundrette.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 1 March 2011 8.43pm
Neil wrote:
What coffee shop / fast food chain / bookie are we missing that would improve the area by taking its place?

Exactly. Grrrr!
Wednesday 2 March 2011 9.43am
Got loads of stuff from them, over the years. Really nice people. :-(
Wednesday 2 March 2011 12.21pm
This is a great shame and very sad news - they are such a useful shop to the community and I always found something I'd forgotten I needed whenever I popped in which was frequently. I do hope they can find an alternative nearby premises to open up in should they want to. It's really sad when a shopping street has nothing useful to offer.
Thursday 3 March 2011 4.53pm
Thats so sad, it is a great shop.
Sunday 6 March 2011 5.24pm
spoke to the chaps that run the 24 hr supermarket under the bail hostel today about it and they said the landlords raised the rent for those places from 37,000 a year to 89,000 a year .... :(
Sunday 6 March 2011 10.43pm
There's going to be a protest next Saturday:
http://octaviahillwaterloo.blogspot.com/2011/03/protest-at-shops-closure-in-cut.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: