Private vs NHS dentist

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 March 2011 3.57pm
I am contemplating whether to go with a private or nhs dentist. Whilst I would like to save some money on filling or possibly a crown, I am worried about the standard of work at nhs dentists.
Any one has any advise on this, please?

The new-ish nsh dentist on Grange Road, next to the Artisian clinic - has any one been there? any good?

Friday 4 March 2011 4.44pm
nhs dentists do private work as well...and vice versa. its a matter of finding one you like and trust. obviously nhs work is cheaper but you can always mix and match as well...nhs for the teeth you cant see and private for those you can!
Saturday 5 March 2011 3.28pm
I recently started using Borough Dental Practice on the corner of Borough High Street and Trinity street so that I could make use of my free dental treatment whilst pregnant. I'm normally someone who finds the dentist pretty terrfiying but the staff are really nice and inside it has had a refit and is very clean etc.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
Saturday 5 March 2011 11.21pm
boo wrote:
The new-ish nsh dentist on Grange Road, next to the Artisian clinic - has any one been there? any good?

I've recently become a patient there. Ask me again in mid-March once I've had some of the dreaded work done!-/
Sunday 6 March 2011 1.20pm
I have had the same dilema for about the last eight years and signed up with Talbot Dental Clinic when it opened. I didn't have a good experience there andmost of my appointments were cancelled, resulting in some infection that could have been deal with simply at the beginning being left so long due to numerous cancelled appointments that I ended up having to have the tooth out. Having read negative things about a number of the other NHS dentists near London Bridge/Borough I've gone private and am very pleased so far. They have lots more time to explain things (as you're paying for it!) and the options are much more extensive. So, I agree that for basic things the NHS is fine but for more complicated procedures you may benefit from going private.
Wednesday 9 March 2011 3.21pm
Thanks guys for the feedback.

I might give the nhs dentist on grange road a go... will get basic stuff done there and anything more complicated, I'll go with a private one... wish me luck!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: