Dognapping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 6 March 2011 5.02pm
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone saw our dog being taken from outside Amano in Clink street at 230ish today. He's a beautiful young black Labrador, around 2 years old, and he was tied up by a red leash. We've had reports that a couple took him and we're camped outside Battersea Dogs Home, hoping they'll do the right thing. He's microchipped, reported to the police etc, but we're hoping for a fresh lead (excuse the pun). Any help finding our little buddy would be very gratefully received...

Reece
Sunday 6 March 2011 5.18pm
Wishing you the best of luck in your search - what a horrible thing for someone to do.
Sunday 6 March 2011 6.37pm
That's terrible. We have a 2 1/2 year old black lab. We'll keep an eye out in the area.

A friend had her dog stolen by some travellers. They were camped near Millwall and she lives in Borough. She put posters up with a reward and they contacted her. She paid them what they asked. The police said that it was a fairly common scam. It might be worth putting a poster up to draw out the thieves.

Can the local businesses help out with any CCTV footage?
Sunday 6 March 2011 6.42pm
That sounds awful but it's worth a try. The staff at Amano were very reluctant to let us see their CCTV and told us to come back when a manager was there. The area seems to be a surveillance blackspot but it's worth knocking on doors again...
Thanks for your good wishes
Reece
Sunday 6 March 2011 6.53pm
Sorry to hear that?
do you have any photos?
Sunday 6 March 2011 6.59pm
Sorry to hear of your loss - hope it's temporary.

Can't the police request (insist?) access to CCTV footage to gather evidence when investigating a crime?
Zoe
Sunday 6 March 2011 7.15pm
That's a terribe thing to happen, do you need some help putting up posters?

If you have dog insurance you might be covered under it for a reward, and they'll cover some of the search costs like making posters. Make sure you get the posters in the three vets locally, that's what we did when our dog went missing and someone handed her into the nearest vet when she was found.

As he's microchipped you shoud tell the microchip company he's lost as well.

I do hope you find him.
Sunday 6 March 2011 7.52pm
Here are a couple of pics to start. PIC1 and PIC2. We've told the microchip people so I think all the vets get told now, and we'll hopefully have posters from doglost up tomorrow. If you do get the chance to put one up then I'd be sooo grateful!
Thanks again for your support!
Reece

Oh, BSB, the police only seem interested in me doing all the work - I get the feeling they don't consider dogs to be very high priority.
Sunday 6 March 2011 9.30pm
I am so sorry for you and your dog
here is the email for Southwark Community Police-head Cathederal Ward
Sure he can help

Stephen.Dutton@met.police.uk
Good luck
Sunday 6 March 2011 9.40pm
Also - it's worth registering your dog on the Lost Dogs register here.

You can upload you pictures and they will create free posters for you to print and email to others.

I really hope you find him.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: