Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 7 March 2011 11.33am
What happens if your household is completely empty on the 27th March? does this mean that you can ignore it?
Monday 7 March 2011 12.08pm
not sure Jan but to be honest we need as many people to complete as possible-this is one of the things that determines what each council gets in money terms and how they try and work out things like school places that will be needed etc. Southwark residents are not great and completing so this means we end up getting less allocated to us than we should.
Monday 7 March 2011 12.14pm
Agree with dee dee - please complete this. SE1 has changed so much in the last 10 years with more people than ever to support we need to make sure we get sufficient resources to meet present and future demand.
Monday 7 March 2011 1.02pm
It's probably easier to use your Personal Internet Access Code and do it online.

A copy of the form is availbale in 56 languages other than english including some I've never heard of:

A quick peruse shows only one voluntary question - What is your religion? I don't mind anyone knowing I'm an atheist.

See http://www.census.gov.uk/england/translations
Monday 7 March 2011 1.53pm
My form came through the door today. I saw the unicorn and lion and thought I was being summoned. Guilty conscience or what? I ain't even done noffink.

Igbo is the main language in Nigeria, phoney. My mates Mum speaks it.
Monday 7 March 2011 3.03pm
Yes, the purple 32 page monster arrived on my doorstep today too. I will be doing mine on-line.

The bumf states that "Your census response is required by law" - fair enough, but it does not mention what the penalty is for ignoring the request. I intend to complete my return, but just wondered what the fine might be for binning it????
Monday 7 March 2011 3.09pm
Question H1: Who usually lives here?

It doesn't matter if you are away or not if it is your usual place of residence.

Visitors are recorded separately from people that usually live in a property.
Monday 7 March 2011 3.10pm
Fines for not completing the 2011 Census questionnaire
The fine for not completing and returning a 2011 Census questionnaire is up to 1,000. You may also have to pay costs.

The amount of the fine for not completing the 2011 Census questionnaire will be determined in each individual case by the magistrate.

The fine is subject to level 3 on the standard scale under the Criminal Justice Act.

Any revision to the Criminal Justice Act could change the fine for an offence under the Census Act 1920.

I imagine like the TV License you can't be jailed for not filling in the form, but you can be jailed for not paying a fine for not filling in the form.
Monday 7 March 2011 3.11pm
Ah - found it. Question 13 of the FAQs on-line.

Prosecution, a 1,000 fine and a criminal record - nice.
Monday 7 March 2011 5.05pm
Lucky me I get two copies, one for the flat over the business and one for the business...........why?

Also surely in the 21st century there could be a system to allow you to register for the on line version thus saving a copy being posted to you so you can regsiter on-line. Surely more environmentally friendly (for the Lib-Dems), saves money (for the Tories)and would also, I suggest, increase the very poor returns that have historically affected past Censuses (censi?)
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: