Amano Restaurant, Clink Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 April 2004 10.55am
Popped in last nite, was not a good experience at all. Ordered food, wait 1 hour for starter, waited another for main meal, by that time most people noticed that nobody else was eating in the restaurant and it seemed that they didn't have a functioning kitchen.

noboby even tended to us during that period, or said that there was any issues or problems.

then people just started leaving .....

.. so can't say how nice the food is as it never arrived !

I hope this does not happen every nite, does anybody know how long it's been open or what the problem was on the evening of the 23rd April ?

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=414

Post edited (24 Apr 04 11:58)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 22 June 2004 1.13pm by James Hatts.
Saturday 24 April 2004 3.38pm
It has been open for a couple of weeks - always lots of people when i walk past, but have never been. Shame really - was hoping that it might be ok as i only live round the corner. This is what happens when the council forces new appartments like that to have "services" for the community in them. Not against it in principle, but they are rarely decent.

One to miss in that case....
Saturday 24 April 2004 3.49pm
Martin wrote --:'noboby even tended to us during that period, or said that there was any issues or problems'

I can't believe you sat there for 1 hour waiting for the starter without asking for an explanation.
Saturday 24 April 2004 4.44pm
must of been deep in conversation about something, before remembering how long we had waited !

the food does sound good from the menu and was really looking forward to it.
Saturday 24 April 2004 10.39pm
Katy, please. How can you blame the council for the greed of a privately run restaurant?
Sunday 25 April 2004 1.01am
Seems to have a Portaloo and a Humber Super Snipe parked outside.
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=414
Hope that the fishy stink from the Vinopolis kitchens didn't spoil the ambience.

Sunday 25 April 2004 12.39pm
A couple of friends went there for a drink last night and it was no smoking!! Disgraceful, should be shut down!
Sunday 25 April 2004 4.41pm
Every restaurant, pub and cafe is no-smoking in my country!
Monday 26 April 2004 9.08am
Isn't that why you look forward to coming back to London so often??

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 26 April 2004 11.23am
Thats the tobacco facists for you, they'll be banning it in London soon.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: