Attacked this morning - any SE1 witnesses?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 10 March 2011 3.05pm
Hello all

I am a regular on here and feel really upset that i have to post this. This is an appeal for witnesses as the police are involved.

I was attacked by a commuter this morning at 8.45am on my way to work after the junction of the old vic down cornwall road (under the bridge past the art shop and near the konditor and cook).

As many of you know; I am a keen yet considerate cyclist. This spot has plenty of pedestrians and is busy. I cycle an old but loved bik pretty slowly and leisurely on my way to work. I was cycling down cornwall road, rang my bell as I approached pedestrians, one didnt turn around so I breaked. This guy - 6ft4 smartly dressed in a black wool coat lifted his arm to punch me then groaned (maybe because he realised he was surrounded by about 20 other people) realised he couldnt punch me so decided to start kicking and trying to break my bike, whilst shouting abuse at me and on it. I started shaking and other people came towards me to stop him/see if I was alrgith. He has broken my spokes, damaged my chain and warped my wheel. He walked off quickly past soho gyms down towards the left onto Roupell shouting abuse back at me whilst I burst in to tears!.

The guy was 6ft4, smartly dressed, a suit black short but straight and unkempt hair black stubble, pale, wide shoulders but thin. He looked like he was early 30s, wanted to be in a band or something but ended up in an office job. Three witnesses came to help me but I only got one persons number. I think he commuted into waterloo and then was enorute to work locally.

The police have said tehy have grounds to arrest him on two counts. If anyone saw this please can you DM message me straight away to exchange details.

Thanks
Julia
Thursday 10 March 2011 3.45pm
Julia, a truly awful thing to have to experience, I hope you get justice. Take care...
Thursday 10 March 2011 4.26pm
So sorry to hear this. Hope you get the witnesses you need.
Thursday 10 March 2011 4.37pm
How dreadful for you. I hope you are alright and that you get a positive and helpful response here.
Thursday 10 March 2011 4.46pm
Awful, awful behaviour. I can't imaging that there aren't any security cameras around there - hopefully some images will come up. It's worthwhile asking the police if there's any footage as there maybe a chance of identifying him from it. Also he must be quite familiar with the area as he knew his way around there - and it's not the most direct route from Waterloo so it's likely he came in by foot or bus (or paid for a parking permit)

I'm glad to hear that people came over, sometimes people are just stunned and do nothing. I hope you're doing OK.
Thursday 10 March 2011 7.26pm
Julia, very sorry to hear that.

Actually I guess he did come from Waterloo, that area, where I live is a mass of commuters at that time.

Do talk to the people in the Pleasuredrome, OK I know you normally don't go there. Not only do they have cameras but they have a front desk where someone may have seen something.

Good luck
Thursday 10 March 2011 11.08pm
Poor girl, he sounds mentally unstable in which case than heavens it was only your bike he attacked, I wonder if he will pass that way in the morning or perhaps next week? hope you get over such a nasty shock..:-)
Friday 11 March 2011 1.01am
What a horrible experience - I hope that the police get him.
Friday 11 March 2011 12.35pm
I am sorry I didn't see anything but I just wanted to add my own 'sorrys'. How horrid and upsetting for you, I really hope you/the police manage to track him down.
Saturday 12 March 2011 3.59pm
Similarly very sorry to hear that Julia.

I would have thought it impossible to walk down that way without passing some CCTV - keep on at the policy to check with shops and business for their tapes.

Best wishes.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: