Open space venue to hire

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 March 2011 11.53am
Hi,

I am trying to organise a fete type event as close to Waterloo as possible. It would require an outdoor space that could accomodate around 200 people. I also would like to have stalls, a food area, maybe bouncy castle etc. The area needs to be away from the public or easily secured. I am willing to pay to hire an area. I am open to any suggestions inc' schools, churches etc as long as there is space!! Really appreciate any feedback and help that is forthcoming.

Many thanks :-)
Friday 11 March 2011 12.06pm
There have been similar events in the little park over the road from the Old Vic. I can't remember the name of the park or know who you could contact though. No indoors space there though so you could try Waterloo Action Centre which is across the road from the park.
Friday 11 March 2011 12.27pm
It's the Waterloo Millennium Green - contact Bankside Open Spaces Trust. Not sure if it would be possible to hire the green for a non-public event, though.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 11 March 2011 12.50pm
Many thanks for your quick responses.....I have emailed both asking for info and any help they may be able to give. Any other ideas out there keep them coming!!!
Friday 11 March 2011 12.57pm
I don't know whether Johanna Primary School's playground would be available for hire for such an event, but it might be worth asking.

The folks at Waterloo Quarter BID might also be able to give you some suggestions.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: