Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 13 March 2011 9.51am
Anyone on this forum within earshot of last night's Pulse gig? The grand opening (4500 tickets pre-sold apparently) is 18th March, so what yesterday was I don't know! Would be interested in the opinions of any other local residents - King's Reach, Burrell Street etc.

Monday 14 March 2011 8.27am
I live very close to the new Pulse night club and the noise on Saturday was totally unacceptable. I thougt there was a "saturation zone" between Borough and Blackfriars for new licences?
Monday 14 March 2011 9.32am
They had a "soft opening" according to a Tweet.

A picture is here.
Monday 14 March 2011 10.04am
Bankside Residents Forum has arranged a small meeting with Pulse operators and local residents groups.Please contact your relevant contacts in your resident blocks or management boards.

At the moment this is not a large scale public meeting, but simply a chance to hear from Pulse their plans, dealing with noise, and arrangements to manage outside their club. But to be kept informed I'm happy for people to contact me direct, as I usually try to avoid commenting on the Forum pages.

Monday 14 March 2011 10.31am
Have sent you a separate email Andrew. For other posters, you may be interested in the licence application. It's very long and boring, but apart from having a 7 day week, 24 hour licence these conditions apply regarding noise: Condition 357 - 'both entrances are to be lobbied to prevent any noise escape'. Condition 371 - 'that the licencee shall instruct SIA supervisors to inspect the neighbourhood at one hour intervals for any sound escape from the premises. Where sound from the premises is audible in the neighbourhood, the licencee shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that a noise nuisance shall not be caused to local residents'. If this was a soft opening, I'm not looking forward to Friday 18th for which they've apparently pre-sold 4500 tickets.
Monday 14 March 2011 10.37am
Hi Awlowltd. Have sent you a private message re this.
Wednesday 16 March 2011 9.32am
Just wanted to bring this back up the posting list in case anyone who may be interested in the meeting on Thursday hadn't seen the message from BRF.
Wednesday 16 March 2011 10.15am
The meeting is tomorrow Thursday 17th at 6pm in the Community Space, 18 Great Guildford Street. The intention is that it is not a public meeting, rather a chance for representatives from groups to meet Pulse at this stage.

Wednesday 16 March 2011 7.47pm
I bet the propietors of Pulse would not like a soft opening next to where they live, sorry to be so thick has the licence actually been approved?
Wednesday 16 March 2011 9.48pm
Better to have a soft opening and a chance to correct things...

I'm looking forward to trying out the club.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: