What happened on Saturday?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 April 2004 12.29pm
I saw hundreds of policemen next to Bermondsey tube station and the adjacent streets.. police in roof tops and TV cameras and a helicopter... they closed a few streets too.. does anyone knows what happened??? Is Madonna moving to Bermondsey?
Monday 26 April 2004 12.34pm
National Front demo:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 26 April 2004 12.36pm
coupled with a millwall home game.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 1.01am
Hi Flipper
can not tell you what was going on but was caught up in the mayhem trying to get out of the area at 2.30pm. NIGHTMARE. loads of police then, no trouble as i could see but alot of police not doing anything but holding up the traffic instead of directing it. Alot of Millwall fans who all seemed to be behaving, but maybe that was why.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 7.26am
Millwall fans arent that bad it's the rent a mob lot that turn up sometimes that cause the trouble. My husband is in a wheel chair and goes regularly he has never seen or been involved in any fracas,,,

speaking of which are there any Com Cab drivers reading this forum, who like football and would be prepared to take a wheelchair bound footie fan from the nursing home to Millwall, watch the game and return him to the nursing home in Lower Road? Don has a taxi-card, so the fare would be paid. just grabbing at straws as my step-son is moving to N.Zealand with his wife and children in June.

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Tuesday 27 April 2004 9.38am
"could see but alot of police not doing anything but holding up the traffic instead of directing it"

I for one was glad that the police were there. It may look like they aren't doing anything, but I can assure you that they were! They wouldn't be there otherwise. We don't have that many police!
Thursday 29 April 2004 3.16pm
Agreed rm - what a ridiculous comment ali... Not much else to say about that really - nonsense. If it had kicked off you'd want them there I can assure you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: