Attempted Bike Theft

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 14 March 2011 9.43pm
Hi Forum,

I just wanted to tell you all to keep an eye out. I stopped a man/boy tonight trying (with bolt cutters and drill) to nick a Brompton folding bike by the LFB HQ in Union Street at about 6:15.

He was caught on CC TV but just be on the lookout for increased activity in the area. Thanks also goes to the great two other vigilante locals (one on a Boris Bike) and one passing by ...

Now I know it was stupid to go walking straight up to the guys and start telling him off wasn't the smartest thing to do (should he have had a knife etc) however if we help police our own area ... people are less inclined to even give it a try...
Monday 14 March 2011 9.50pm
Good for you Chloe!!!
Monday 14 March 2011 11.02pm
Well done to you Chloe - good man... er woman.
Tuesday 15 March 2011 8.50am
It's so often the women who have the...fortitude.
Tuesday 15 March 2011 10.48pm
maybe it wasnt the smartest thing chloe,but all the same,you showed a lot of guts,and thats admirable. good on ya girl!
Wednesday 16 March 2011 8.35am
Good for you, I've done the same in relation to the theft of a scooter. They claimed it was their bike and that they'd lost the key... hilarious...

If more people spoke up they'd be less bold!
Monday 21 March 2011 3.06pm
Thanks Chloe, it is great to have people like you in our neighbourhood!
Monday 21 March 2011 3.21pm
A neighbour had his 5th bike stolen in our block in less than a year on Thursday. Apparently Southwark has the highest bike theft in the country, With new builds particularly targeted. We have even had bikes stolen off 4th floor balconys with no idea how the scamps got up there. Be wary!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: