Chinese food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
hat
Monday 26 April 2004 4.31pm
Any top tips on a good restaurant or takeaway? I'd prefer near TBR, but am willing to walk further for good food...
thanks,
Hat
Monday 26 April 2004 6.55pm
There is a take away on Grange Road, near TBR, and I found that one better than the one on TBR.
Tuesday 27 April 2004 8.38am
The Great Wall on the corner of Bermondsey St and Tooley St is really good, but its a bit pricey
Tuesday 27 April 2004 9.46am
I think Maurits is referring to Cheung Wah. I use it from time to time, and it's fine.
dee
Tuesday 27 April 2004 11.30am
i won't tell you what we found in a chow mein from the chinese in Grange road which we used regularly-needless to say we have not used it since!

does anyone know a good chinese that delivers?

Tuesday 27 April 2004 12.10pm
We use Hot Wok in SE1, don't have the number off-hand, but use them regularly. They're very pleasant and the food is good :c).

Tuesday 27 April 2004 12.32pm
Siu's on Tower Bridge Road is excellent - especially if you are vegetarian as they do loads of gluten 'meat' dishes. Sadly I don't think they deliver though.
hat
Tuesday 27 April 2004 3.44pm
Thanks for all the info/tips - plenty of food for thought here (groan)...
Tuesday 27 April 2004 4.51pm
dee, was it Cheung Wah that gave you the dodgy food?
Wednesday 28 April 2004 3.40pm
I'll second Sarah's comments about Sui's. It's fantastic - I've been converted from someone who always avoided Chinese food because I'm veggie to being someone who makes excuses to have to go there (oh dear, it seems like I've forgotten how to turn on the oven again).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: