Harper Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ND
Thursday 17 March 2011 12.22pm
Please be careful when walking home. Yesterday evening (21:45) as I was walking on Harper Rd (from Borough High Street direction) a dark red Toyota Yaris pulled up alongside me and a man lent out of the passenger seat beckoning him toward me saying "come come".

I didn't and I inquired whether he required help (i.e. directions to somewhere) to which he responded "come come". By this stage I realised there were at least 3 men in the car and I was a woman on my own. I answered "no" and carried on walking.

The car sped off and stopped 100m further down Harper Rd (at end of shops parade/ Rockingham Street) and the driver parked the car across the road (if there was oncoming traffic the Yaris would have blocked the traffic). The car remained in that position until I had continued walking down Harper Rd (past them) and I am not sure what they did once I turned onto Falmouth Rd (heading toward Roebuck). I have no idea why they did this.

I reported this really unusual/ odd behaviour to the Police via the non-emergency number last night. But this is just a simple message to those of you that use that route to take extra care.
Thursday 17 March 2011 1.09pm
thank god you just ignored them n.b and just carried on, you dont know what could have happened! it may have been innoncent, but all the same your instincts told you different and you trusted them and did the wise thing. you did well to report the matter. i think everyone should always trust their instincts in what you feel,could be a potentially dengerous situation. if something dosent feel right dont do it!
ND
Thursday 17 March 2011 3.11pm
I know, it was really unnerving it wasn't until I got home that I started thinking what if ...

Anyway, I have found the SE1 forum very useful previously so it made sense to post here and warn others.
Thursday 17 March 2011 3.18pm
Well done. How spooky...
Friday 18 March 2011 1.48am
What an unnerving experience. Glad you reported it, and it's good you flagged it up on this forum.
Saturday 13 August 2011 6.57pm
Hi Guys

Never really used this forum before but was disturbed by the Red Toyota Yaris incident.

I'm glad you flagged this up and we shall pass this information onto to rest of the community.

Sorry just picked this up, better late than never.

Many Thanks
Jafer
Rockingham Community Development Volunteer
Wednesday 26 October 2011 11.32am
Hi I havent seen this post before but I would also like to share my story with you to be careful in Rockingham Street area. There was around seven in the evening when I was passing by and turning to Bath terrce road when 2 young guys attached me with knife and wanted my bag... luckily nothing happened, so be careful walking that area.
Also ur mentioning car incident I must say that same time I was followed by some stranger in the car. I was on my way home turned from Hight street borough to Trinity sq and I noticed a car slowly moving behind me. I walked really slow to see if Im not overreacting and when I stopped to cross to Harper street he turned right and passed by but cos he saw me turning left towards bath terrace road he made turn on the street and drove that way. By that time I knew its too strange and instead of walking to bath terrace I turned to the park in between as I knew there are few exits and he wont be able to find out which way I will go. When I walked in I saw him turning his car in the middle of the road again... well then I already called my friend and went out of the park and back to the borough station... so yes be careful.
Wednesday 26 October 2011 12.28pm
This is terrible but luckly you are fine.

But, have you reported this with all details to the police?

This is of huge importance. This forum is great to advise people but it cannot replace the role of the police, of course.

Regards.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: