Has anyone you know been affected by the Japan crisis?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 17 March 2011 12.47pm
I am a freelance journalist currently writing for the south london press and would like to get in touch with anyone, British or Japanese in the South London area, who has been affected in any way by the tsunami, earthquake and nuclear crisis in Japan.

I speak a little bit of Japanese, so don't be worried about the language barrier. Please get in touch by emailing me at alecmacfarlane@hotmail.com.

I have a lot of friends and family in Japan, and my heart goes out to all of you. The more awareness we can raise about the crisis the better.

Many sincere thanks,

Thursday 17 March 2011 1.03pm
hi alec, i think it would be impossible not to be moved by the terrible,recent events in japan. the only way it has affected me is by reading about it,and seeing it on t.v. i would just like to say mate god protect your family and friends out there, and lets hope that japan will be spared any further despair,torment,and misery. lets just hope its all over now and that they can get on in peace.
Monday 21 March 2011 7.57pm
hi gaz,
thanks for your support. All of my immediate friends and family are safe, and there's been some positive developments over the last few days. A girl got in touch with me whose friend is still missing in sendai. My thoughts go out to them and everyone else who has been affected by the disaster.
Please get in touch if you live in south london and have a story you'd like to tell regarding the crisis. Best of luck to you all.

Also if anyone wants to donate money to the cause here is a link to the red cross. Dig deep!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: